Diner’s Bacon Sign Taken Down for Offending Muslims

Misfit

Lawful neutral
http://www.nationalreview.com/corne...-taken-down-offending-muslims-andrew-johnson#!

A sign advertising the bacon at a Vermont diner has been taken down after a Muslim resident complained about the sign on the Internet and sparked a massive backlash against the restaurant, Sneakers Bistro.

In June, in return for taking part in a local volunteer initiative to plant flower beds in the city’s traffic medians, the diner was awarded a sign on a lamp post that said “Yield for Sneakers Bacon.” A woman took issue with the sign, calling it insensitive to those who don’t eat pork, according to WPTZ.

The woman’s objection, which she posted online, prompted several Facebook and Yelp comments calling on Sneakers Bistro to take down the sign. The diner’s owners contacted the woman to apologize and tell her the sign has been removed.

SamSpade

They need to get a grip. It's not like they were force feeding bacon to them. They're not the only religion that can't eat it.

But maybe there's money to be made. I should sue fast food joints for advertising fattening foods, saying it's cruel and unusual punishment.

FollowTheMoney

Every grocery store and quickie type mart must not advertise or sell bacon any longer. Besides, have you seen the price of bacon lately?
Other than that, the restaurant owner is a coward and by all rights should be forced into bankruptcy for caving in to a loud mouth cry baby.

mamatutu

mama to two
The term is 'pussyfication'.

But, you guys like pussy, as you call it. I never understood that reference, or are you referring to the feline species? I don't think you are because cats are not passive animals.

However, I agree with you, but I would use words like wimped out, backed down, didn't stand their ground, or ignored their Constitutional rights.

Vince

Wait, I don't eat bread. So any restaurant that has a sandwich advertised that has bread or a bun in it offends me. I want those signs taken down.

Bending over and catering to these people is about the as stupid as the above statement.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
I went by a place the other day advertising Hog Jaws and Chitterlings and I was offended. Don't be messin with my Fried Chicken though. I will kill over my Fried Chicken.

JeJeTe

Happiness
I heard this the other day..."Being offended doesn't make you right. Being offended doesn't make it you wrong. It just makes you offended".

Hijinx

Wait, I don't eat bread. So any restaurant that has a sandwich advertised that has bread or a bun in it offends me. I want those signs taken down.

Bending over and catering to these people is about the as stupid as the above statement.

Well Vince you are right. Bending over and catering to these people is stupid.
But our government and so many others have been bending over for azzholes like this for years.

The Atheists, The homosexuals, the Blacks the Muslims. all offended by one thing or another.

The atheists wants God removed ------from School, from cemataries, from public places Oh!! they bitch about the symbols, the crosses, and the Nativity set,, they cry about these symbols, but it is God they want removed.,
The Homosexuals are offended when someone does not want to bake them a cake, or allow them to marry in a Church that considers their homosexual acts a sin.
The Blacks get offended by words. Words that even they cannot make their minds up to what they want to be called.
Words that they can call themselves, but if someone else calls them that they are offended.

The Muslims want to kill or enslave us and I suppose they are offended that we are living on their planet.

But in this country if one person is offended by something that 99 others are not offended by we have to bend over for that one.

It's stupid, but there doesn't seem to be much we can do about it.

Last edited:

luvmygdaughters

What if you're a vegetarian or a vegan...does seeing signs in restaurants and grocery stores of steaks, hamburgers, bacon, pork chops, etc. offend you? Since when is being offended breaking the law? I'm freaking offended everyday by a guy I work with who insists on wearing this aftershave or cologne that smells like bug spray. I'm also offended by the person who brings in the stinky dish that they put in the microwave and smell up the whole damn office. Lets see, I'm also offended by those stupid stick people families you see on the back of all the soccer moms minivans.

Last edited:

Misfit

Lawful neutral
I'm freaking offended everyday by a guy I work with who insists on wearing this aftershave or cologne that smells like bug spray. I'm also offended by the person who brings in the stinky dish that they put in the microwave and smell up the whole damn office.

I think we work together.

GW8345

Not White House Approved
What if you're a vegetarian or a vegan...does seeing signs in restaurants and grocery stores of steaks, hamburgers, bacon, pork chops, etc. offend you? Since when is being offended breaking the law? I'm freaking offended everyday by a guy I work with who insists on wearing this aftershave or cologne that smells like bug spray. I'm also offended by the person who brings in the stinky dish that they put in the microwave and smell up the whole damn office. Lets see, I'm also offended by those stupid stick people families you see on the back of all the soccer moms minivans.

I think every office is like this, also include the idiots who don't know how to put their cell phones on mute and insist on everyone in the office having to hear their phone conversation by talking at the top of their lungs and using the speaker.

And let’s not forget the ones who need to bring two weeks’ worth of stuff and put it in the fridge leaving barely any room for anyone else’s items.

mudpuddle

the "majority" does not rule anymore...something has to change...things are just so ridiculous now, with everyone being offended. I say, "let them be offended, and don't expect any action to remove the cause... live with it and get over it... why not "make a difference" and give to a charity instead of just "bad-mouthing"!