hahaha boycott Burger King

BOP

Yeah, cuz that worked so well with Chick-Fil-A...progressives: insanity personified.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
well this is Un American Tax Cheats .... running off to Canada

This Is What I Think About Boycotting Burger King.

Democratic Senator Sherrod Brown of Ohio wants all of us patriotic Americans to boycott Burger King "after the fast food giant agreed to purchase Tim Hortons for $11 billion, consequently avoiding US taxes." You know, because those US taxes are the equivalent to the company bending over and handing their money to a government that spends said money like drunken teenagers on a spring break binge.

Poor Sherrod. He has the sads.

“Burger King’s decision to abandon the United States means consumers should turn to Wendy’s Old Fashioned Hamburgers or White Castle sliders. Burger King has always said ‘Have it Your Way’; well my way is to support two Ohio companies that haven’t abandoned their country or customers,” he said in a statement to CBS Cleveland.

Hijinx

“Burger King’s decision to abandon the United States means consumers should turn to Wendy’s Old Fashioned Hamburgers or White Castle sliders. Burger King has always said ‘Have it Your Way’; well my way is to support two Ohio companies that haven’t abandoned their country or customers,” YET

If it works for burger King I am sure a lot of them will move.

Is it any worse for Burger King to do this than for Marylanders to move to States who do not tax their retirement?

I don't blame Burger King.

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return
are you referring to Sherrod

I don't know who Sherrod Brown is, but I'm referring to anyone who is butthurt over any company that seeks tax inversion opportunities. Capitalism breathes through loopholes like tax inversion.

mamatutu

mama to two
What about wealthy politicians that look for tax loopholes, and put their money in overseas banks? Is that different? Yes, it is because we live in the HS of A; Hypocritical States of America. Hopefully, we will boycott some of these political dumdums by voting them out in 2014/16.

RPMDAD

Good, let them boycott, more whoppers for me. Even though i only eat there about once or twice a year.

Hijinx

What about wealthy politicians that look for tax loopholes, and put their money in overseas banks? Is that different? Yes, it is because we live in the HS of A; Hypocritical States of America. Hopefully, we will boycott some of these political dumdums by voting them out in 2014/16.

How about politicians a rich politician who puts his boat in another state to avoid the tax.

mamatutu

mama to two
How about politicians a rich politician who puts his boat in another state to avoid the tax.

I love quizzes. :lol: The answer is Kerry. One of the biggest hypocrites in our government. Oh, and inept, too. Why am I not surprised?

edinsomd

Poutain and Beignets at BK!

Ready for the punch line? Last year Burger King was purchased by 3G Capitol, a multi-billion $$$ investment firm.

3G Cap is based in Brazil. So those unpatriotic Brazilian BK owners are taking their US company to Canada! The very nerve!

PeoplesElbow

Why don't all those liberal hippy douches boycott Apple, they are masters of the "double Irish" used to lessen taxes.

FollowTheMoney

There are no tax loopholes people. Tax laws are specifically written. Do you really think that after all the committees these laws go through to actually get voted on and written by the
benefiting corporations, there are loopholes. Everything is intended exactly as written and included..... or not.
Instead of complaining of companies moving to avoid taxes, complain about them moving their manufacturing out of the country. Now that is a more serious loss than avoiding taxes.
The federal govt can just print more money if they need it, but a good wage paying manufacturing job can not! U.S. manufacturing plants fell from 375,000 in number in 1998 to
304,000 in the first quarter of 2012. Maryland has lost 25,000 manufacturing jobs since August 2007. Such as from the General Motors factory in Baltimore, the Solo Cup plant in
Owings Mills and the steel mill at Sparrows Point all made things for decades. And all closed in the past 10 years.
Or maybe you consider making a hamburger to be a manufacturing job?