Targeted at TARGET

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
20 year old female walking in Target store parking lot (fact #1)
Alcohol and PCP addled driver enters Target store parking lot after slamming thee other cars on the nearby Interstate highway (facts #2 and #3)
Driver accelerates toward 20 year old female walking in Target store parking lot (fact #4)
Driver's automobile strikes 20 year old female walking in Target store parking lot (fact #5)
20 year old woman dragged 70 feet before her body is released by the driver's automobile (fact #6)
Alcohol and PCP addled driver speeds away from the scene of the hit-and-run (fact #7)
Alcohol and PCP addled driver's driver's license was suspended (fact #8)
20 year old female previously walking in Target store parking lot dies (fact #9)
Target employee follows Alcohol and PCP addled driver's vehicle to nearby apartment complex (fact #10)
Authorities arrest Alcohol and PCP addled driver a short time later (fact #11) where it is discovered..............
Alcohol and PCP addled driver had been arrested two days earlier for public intoxication but was beneficiary of "Catch-and-Release" (fact #12)

No riots, protests or burning businesses in Bryant, Arkansas.

Attachments

• dead.jpg
    dead.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 265

mamatutu

mama to two
I always tell my daughter to be aware of her surroundings because she travels 5 states for her job. She has pepper spray in her purse. But, this tragedy could not have been prevented no matter how much that beautiful young girl was aware. Oh wait. It could have been prevented if the maniac hadn't been released from custody. The Bryant, Arkansas judicial system murdered that poor girl. Very, very sad.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I always tell my daughter to be aware of her surroundings because she travels 5 states for her job. She has pepper spray in her purse. But, this tragedy could not have been prevented no matter how much that beautiful young girl was aware. Oh wait. It could have been prevented if the maniac hadn't been released from custody. The Bryant, Arkansas judicial system murdered that poor girl. Very, very sad.
Bullsh!t. Public intoxication, a class C misdemeanor, only carries a maximum 30 day sentence if found guilty. Typically one might only get time in a drunk-tank to sober up until sprung to await a court date. How could the judicial system have prevented something that they hadn't even dealt with yet?

mamatutu

mama to two
Bullsh!t. Public intoxication, a class C misdemeanor, only carries a maximum 30 day sentence if found guilty. Typically one might only get time in a drunk-tank to sober up until sprung to await a court date. How could the judicial system have prevented something that they hadn't even dealt with yet?

I see your point. We read so many stories about perps that are released, only to offend again. But, you are right in the fact that the timing was bad; as far as he hadn't been to court yet. I wonder what his record looks like. It does say he was driving on a suspended license, so obviously, he had other charges/clashes with the law.

tommyjo

I see your point. We read so many stories about perps that are released, only to offend again. But, you are right in the fact that the timing was bad; as far as he hadn't been to court yet. I wonder what his record looks like. It does say he was driving on a suspended license, so obviously, he had other charges/clashes with the law.

SO your Humble Opinion is that anyone arrested for anything should be locked up,the key thrown away and they should never again see the light of day again because they might commit a subsequent crime?

That is what you are saying.

dontknowwhy

SO your Humble Opinion is that anyone arrested for anything should be locked up,the key thrown away and they should never again see the light of day again because they might commit a subsequent crime?

Not all crimes...just anything from jaywalking, on up...& depending on your attitude while jaywalking...six shots at center mass

mamatutu

mama to two

:rolleyes:

kinmd

If you kept people arrested for public intoxication in jail, you'd fill the place with tailgaters at FedEx Field at Skins home opener

intertidal

So what then is the suggestion for how to both prevent such incidents and to deal with these scumbags after they are caught? Let's not minimize this as an "accident". How would you feel if the girl was your daughter?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
So what then is the suggestion for how to both prevent such incidents and to deal with these scumbags after they are caught? Let's not minimize this as an "accident". How would you feel if the girl was your daughter?

There is no prevention mechanism. You can legislate anything into being a crime but that does not stop those bent on it from breaking any law that could be crafted. This guy, Mr. Dorsey, should spend the rest of his natural life locked in a cage or terminated.

I don't think anyone is minimizing this as an accident. But to keep a person incarcerated for the minor misdemeanor of public intoxication until they have their case adjudicated is an unreal expectation.

How would I feel? Probably like that guy in Texas (or where ever it was) that shot and killed the drunk driver that killed his kids.

intertidal

There is no prevention mechanism. You can legislate anything into being a crime but that does not stop those bent on it from breaking any law that could be crafted. This guy, Mr. Dorsey, should spend the rest of his natural life locked in a cage or terminated.

I don't think anyone is minimizing this as an accident. But to keep a person incarcerated for the minor misdemeanor of public intoxication until they have their case adjudicated is an unreal expectation.

How would I feel? Probably like that guy in Texas (or where ever it was) that shot and killed the drunk driver that killed his kids.

I agree. Garbage like this is not deterred by legislation. Turn him over to the father of the innocent victim.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
There is no prevention mechanism. You can legislate anything into being a crime but that does not stop those bent on it from breaking any law that could be crafted.

you cannot stop rape by saying 'men don't rape'

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Though the article in the link is sparse, I am willing to wager this was not this guy's first time arrested or cited for both public drunk and drunk driving. A little investigative journalism should be able to uncover his record in the public records. So what if he's a serial drunk driver who continually pays fines or gets released? Does that change the discussion?

rdytogo

Kinda what I was thinking as well!

BOP

If you kept people arrested for public intoxication in jail, you'd fill the place with tailgaters at FedEx Field at Skins home opener

Not a bad idea, that. Easier to put a fence around the parking lot and not let them out. Only problem is, they'd start breeding.

BOP

Though the article in the link is sparse, I am willing to wager this was not this guy's first time arrested or cited for both public drunk and drunk driving. A little investigative journalism should be able to uncover his record in the public records. So what if he's a serial drunk driver who continually pays fines or gets released? Does that change the discussion?

Ed Zachary. The only fatal flaw in that type of thinking is that the guy is :gossip: which means no so-called journalist wants to touch it with a ten-foot pole.