weird looking aircraft.....

GregV814

Today, I was in St. Leonard at the Bay...For a few hours there were two helicopters on maneuvers. One was a typical military looking machine, but the other was a white copter with a cylindrical fuselage and three tailfins......Anybody know what that was?

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today, I was in St. Leonard at the Bay...For a few hours there were two helicopters on maneuvers. One was a typical military looking machine, but the other was a white copter with a cylindrical fuselage and three tailfins......Anybody know what that was?

Yes I do !
It's a 3-tailed cylindrical white hop-a-ditter.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member

Did it look like this?

Attachments

• US Army Drone.jpg
    US Army Drone.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 424

frequentflier

happy to be living

I know what it was.

But of course, if I told you, I would have to kill you.

Sorry.

GregV814

All right, Beatrice, there was no alien. The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

I dont think I suggested such a thing. However you do know that Pax River trains new expiremental craft from time to time and it appears that neither you or me knew its nomenclature.

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
I dont think I suggested such a thing. However you do know that Pax River trains new expiremental craft from time to time and it appears that neither you or me knew its nomenclature.

Did really need to add a sarcasm tag with that post? :ohwell:

On a more serious note, I have not seen any out of the ordinary aircraft on PAX, unless they are hiding it in the super top secret hidden hangar. It is possible that it could be from one of the other bases in the area. Quantico, Andrews, Fort Meade, hell maybe even something heading to or from Wallops.

Do any of these look like what you seen?

https://www.google.com/search?q=wei...z4D4Ag&sqi=2&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=657

Last edited:

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
it is part of TPS's fleet of STUFF, thus the white paint job... Saw it chasing an H-60 as i was going over bridge, hoped it wasn't for IFE....

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
Thats it. Thank you.

I was thinking something more exotic. EC145 is the civilian version, pretty cool they can load a stretcher straight through the rear. More and more hospitals are using them for MEDEVAC. Pretty neat little bird, sad I stare at these little bastards every day.

Erk

The Navy also issues this chart to locals.

Attachments

• air-force-identification-chart.jpg
    air-force-identification-chart.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 176

SG_Player1974

Funny... I always thought they train PILOTS. I thought the "crafts" were fully trained by the time they got here. :whistle: