The Rex

luvmygdaughters

Went to the Rex on Saturday evening, after the fair. Very nice bar and décor. There menu is limited to sandwiches and appys, We got the crabcake blt, it was okay, a little over priced I think. Looks like a good after work kind of place, have drinks and appys and chill out.

warneckutz

Went to the Rex on Saturday evening, after the fair. Very nice bar and décor. There menu is limited to sandwiches and appys, We got the crabcake blt, it was okay, a little over priced I think. Looks like a good after work kind of place, have drinks and appys and chill out.

You were there Saturday? :eyebrow:

Me too... :eyebrow:

luvmygdaughters

Yep, we were sitting where the small bar is, on the right. I think our poster was the Summer of 42. Not sure about the time, probably around 7ish. What did you think of it?

bulldog

Went last night...only because the Pub was closed for their Christmas party. The Rex was...meh, at best. NO draft beer (yet), although they say they have a 16 tap system coming in "soon". Menu was limited. I had the Rex Burger that was slightly over cooked, but had an okay taste to it. Wife had a pulled chicken sammich that had a good kick to it, but that left a strange after taste. No condiments on the tables and none offered when served.
Not enough tables if they ever get anywhere near busy.
Service was good enough and manager did come by to ask how things were. Also saw him helping out delivering orders to tables when needed.
Probably won't go back unless invited by someone who really wants to go specifically to The Rex.
I saw several of the Pub regulars in the Rex which tells me that if the Pub had been open, the Rex would have been pretty dead.

lovinmaryland

Went yesterday for lunch during the Earth Day Celebration in the Square. Some items fell flat like their house made mac&cheese that tasted like buttered noodles & their Rueben which the menu said was irresistibly crispy was actually soggy & not very good. Their wings were pretty good as was their shrimp street tacos. Service though was horrendous. I doubt we'd ever go back because the food wasn't good enough to deal w/ lacking service. Also I understand they were busy w/ it being earth day but it took 2 hours from the time we sat down until we had our food. Luckily the beer was cold.