Marriage at first sight

acommondisaster

Anyone other than me watch this series? OMG I LOVED it. It's been so unlike other reality shows - of course they leave little drama cliffhangers, but none of it seems put on. Next week is the week they decide if they stay together or get divorced; I'm going to miss this show! They're looking for the next group of couples for a repeat series - I hope it's as real as this one has seemed. I totally recommend anyone not watching it who likes relationship stuff to find it and watch from the beginning - I think it's 5 or 6 episodes. Good schtuff.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Anyone other than me watch this series? OMG I LOVED it. It's been so unlike other reality shows - of course they leave little drama cliffhangers, but none of it seems put on. Next week is the week they decide if they stay together or get divorced; I'm going to miss this show! They're looking for the next group of couples for a repeat series - I hope it's as real as this one has seemed. I totally recommend anyone not watching it who likes relationship stuff to find it and watch from the beginning - I think it's 5 or 6 episodes. Good schtuff.

I've watched it. I think the only couple to call it quits is the black couple. Or they will say they are staying together on the show and then quietly separate once all the attention dies down. The young couple is my favorite.

acommondisaster

I've watched it. I think the only couple to call it quits is the black couple. Or they will say they are staying together on the show and then quietly separate once all the attention dies down. The young couple is my favorite.

Geez! Finally someone who has seen it! I was so sure the black couple was going to be the success story, but it seems they don't know how to flirt and are both self absorbed. The young couple is so cute! I've been misty eyed a couple of times watching them, though I cannot understand why they haven't met each other's parents yet. Especially his mom - she could be such a help to him - and his mom. I really really hated the other wife - what a witch, thinking he was too ugly to have her picture taken with him - what a turnaround! I think the black couple will break up. I haven't tried looking for any spoilers online - I'm liking this show too much!

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Geez! Finally someone who has seen it! I was so sure the black couple was going to be the success story, but it seems they don't know how to flirt and are both self absorbed. The young couple is so cute! I've been misty eyed a couple of times watching them, though I cannot understand why they haven't met each other's parents yet. Especially his mom - she could be such a help to him - and his mom. I really really hated the other wife - what a witch, thinking he was too ugly to have her picture taken with him - what a turnaround! I think the black couple will break up. I haven't tried looking for any spoilers online - I'm liking this show too much!

The young guy doesn't want her to meet his mom until she is feeling better. From what the wife says, it isn't guaranteed that the mom will pull through though. She really wants to meet her and have him meet her family but he is resistant. I agree with you about hating the other wife at first because of how she acted at the wedding. They are the only couple who hasn't had sex yet either. I watched a rerun yesterday where she flipped out over him having a cigarette. Clearly she has other issues with him and trust because she even admitted that getting so pissed about the cigarette was ridiculous. The black couple is just painful to watch. They clearly don't want to be together and even though they are trying to get through this, I don't see it working out in the end.

acommondisaster

I wonder if the EMT hasn't even told his mother he got married. I'm thinking his wife would be great help to him with his mother when he's at the fire academy. Why is that never addressed?

I don't know what to think about Jamie and Doug anymore. I thought they were the surprise stay together couple, but I read that Jamie was on The Bachelor, so now I'm afraid she's one of those serial reality show people. :-/ I was really hoping they were for real.

I'm willing to bet Monet and Vaughn decide to stay together.

acommondisaster

SOOOO pleased at the outcome. I'm determined not to look for spoilers on the internet - I guess the next show is a look at 6 months after the experiment ended.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Did you look at the 6 months after spoiler? OMG DONT TELL ME if you know!

I saw the 6 months later episode. I wish they would have had the two couples who stayed together back to back because after watching a few minutes of Monet and Vaughan go at it, I turned it off and never saw Doug and Jamie's update. I will assume they finally had sex?? I half-expected Courtney to come back pregnant since they are the only ones who got along from the start.

acommondisaster

I saw the 6 months later episode. I wish they would have had the two couples who stayed together back to back because after watching a few minutes of Monet and Vaughan go at it, I turned it off and never saw Doug and Jamie's update. I will assume they finally had sex?? I half-expected Courtney to come back pregnant since they are the only ones who got along from the start.

Yes, they finally sealed the deal - they said they're practicing to have a family. They're so cute, I took it to mean they are practicing a LOT. I kind of ignored the Monet/Vaughan part.I was surprised Courtney and Jason weren't pregnant until they talked about his mom passing away - with that and fire academy, I guess they've had their hands full.

Can't wait for the next season - did you see the trailer for the other series? Lost Loves - I am going to give that one a try, too.