EmptyPrize Biased Reporting

Delilah903

Did anyone but me notice the report on the front page of the "EmptyPrize" on Friday September 13th which implied that Tommy McKay scored a resounding victory over Rocky Rowland in the Primary? Excuse Me! I would hardly consider beating someone by only 480 votes a resounding victory!! It will be interesting to watch how the General Election is covered by the local paper.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
If you can pull off a 10 point margin of victory, then, in politics, it is considered a landslide victory. McKay's margin was 8% (by my math) before absentee ballots were counted, so that's pretty considerable. Considering that only about 6000 Republicans voted, 480 is significant, and definitive.

I'm more amazed that you're just now discovering bias in the Enterprise newspaper.

K

Kain99

The Enterprise

:eek: The Enterprise is the true rag of this county! At Least Ken Rossignol calls it like he sees it.

Ducking and running :bubble:

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
The Enterprise caters to the leftist lobby in the county. You would think that a paper which collects advertising revenue from local business would be at least slighly interested in protecting the part of our community that pays their bills. Not this editor! He writes to serve the PRA and the other members of the elite land-grabbers.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
"Elite land-grabbers"?

I've met a few of the local environmentalists. AND I've met a few of the local developers. The environmentalists I've met tend to be elderly people, some of them on fixed incomes. So it's hard for me to imagine a bunch of retirees as an "elite." By contrast, the developers I've met tend to be fairly wealthy, living in big homes.

Now, there's nothing wrong with the developers doing well for themselves. At the same time, I think all communities need some sensible land-use laws. The only thing worse than the horrid ULDC plan was the stupid name-calling and scaremongering on both sides of the debate.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Originally posted by Tonio
"Elite land-grabbers"?

I've met a few of the local environmentalists. AND I've met a few of the local developers. The environmentalists I've met tend to be elderly people, some of them on fixed incomes. So it's hard for me to imagine a bunch of retirees as an "elite." By contrast, the developers I've met tend to be fairly wealthy, living in big homes.

My basis for the statement... I agree that they are often older, successful people, and maybe even retired. The elite land grabbers were the older, established people who live around Myrtle Point, and pulled the gate across the county park there. "Not in my backyard." Have the county buy the land that neighbors their homes, and protect their beautiful waterfront property from those of us who are not fortunate enough to own waterfront property. The PRA was right on-board with that. Protect them from recreational boaters and people who would ruin the solitude of their expensive waterfront property. I know that there are the liberal environmentalists who live a modest means, but the PRA and others who want to take your property rights, have plenty of bucks behind them, even if those people aren't in the public eye. So, I will withdraw the word "elite" and leave the rest of my original statement as written and backed above.

STMLADY

Originally posted by Delilah903
Did anyone but me notice the report on the front page of the "EmptyPrize" on Friday September 13th which implied that Tommy McKay scored a resounding victory over Rocky Rowland in the Primary? Excuse Me! I would hardly consider beating someone by only 480 votes a resounding victory!! It will be interesting to watch how the General Election is covered by the local paper.

They (the emptyprise) knew like the Today Rag, that they will have lots of articles to write if Tommy boy gets in because of all the bashing they will be able to do and just think of the character sketches they will do....And we thought we got a chuckle out of the ones that they do now for JR. Oh my I am looking forward to the laughs that they will rise... I can see one now...Tommy looking like a frog...the mice rolling on the floor laughing...Oh no my friends the local newspapers knew that by endorsing Tommy they will get lots of things to write about...

:cheers: