HELP!!... No water at house w/ small kids

SG_Player1974

Came home yesterday evening to no water in the house. No pressure at the tank so I am assuming the pump needs to be replaced or there is a problem with the electrical to the pump.

My big problem is that it is Labor Day weekend and I have called 3 well company's EMERGENCY numbers only to leave voice mails with NO call backs! I have 3 small children in the house and need to get this fixed ASAP.

I mean... I know it is a holiday weekend and all but.... shouldn't people be available to answer an emergency number for such services?

Any recommendations??

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I realize you have likely already done this, but did you check the circuit breaker box to see if something tripped it?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
buy a couple cases @ Wal-mart

wash up in the sink, you will not die .... a 3 day picnic

:cheers:

good luck

Roman

Came home yesterday evening to no water in the house. No pressure at the tank so I am assuming the pump needs to be replaced or there is a problem with the electrical to the pump.

My big problem is that it is Labor Day weekend and I have called 3 well company's EMERGENCY numbers only to leave voice mails with NO call backs! I have 3 small children in the house and need to get this fixed ASAP.

I mean... I know it is a holiday weekend and all but.... shouldn't people be available to answer an emergency number for such services?

Any recommendations??
We had this same problem 2 weeks ago.W e needed a new pump. Until you can get a hold of someone, ask a neighbor if you can run a hose from their house to yours if it's possible. I am not the mechanically inclined one in this family, but I'll throw this out there anyway. Does the pump need to be re-primed? I think my husband has had to do that before. I feel for you, because this is just one of the few things we take for granted, and when it's not there, it's a b!tc#.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka

Any recommendations??
Just in case, you probably ought to buy four or five big bottled waters to have in the house.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Call your homeowner's insurance people. Many times the cost of a hotel is covered if your home becomes uninhabitable for any length of time.

kinmd

Also circuit breakers can be bad even if they aren't apparently tripped. I replace one this week (not on well pump) that went bad.

GW8345

Not White House Approved
How close is the nearest neighbor's house?

The reason I ask is because if they let you you can "nurse" off of their house, just hook a water house to their outside faucet and then hook it to your outside faucet and bingo, you will have water.

The reason I ask is because if they let you you can "nurse" off of their house, just hook a water house to their outside faucet and then hook it to your outside faucet and bingo, you will have water.

But it will just piss out the faucet due to reduced pressure, and will be 0 psi if you forget to turn off the main valve and pump all that water right down the well.

GW8345

Not White House Approved
But it will just piss out the faucet due to reduced pressure, and will be 0 psi if you forget to turn off the main valve and pump all that water right down the well.
Yes, he would have to close the feed valve coming from the well, as far as pressure, it would be same as if the feeding house was running the dishwasher and taking a shower at the same time. There will be reduced water pressure but he would have water. My neighbor allowed me to "nurse" off of their house for six weeks when my well went out and I had to have a new one drilled so I know it will work.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America

He'll have to change one end of the hose so both ends are female.

itsrequired

Any recommendations??

http://www3.hilton.com/en/index.html?WT.srch=1

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member

You are better off going straight to the pressure tank.
Been there, done it years ago when my well got hit by lightning and blew the well casing.

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
Pull the cover off your pressure switch located at your tank and check power in and out, I had to replace mine no too long ago. They sell them at lowes. I didn't need to do much to diagnose mine as the contacts were broken

SG_Player1974

Pull the cover off your pressure switch located at your tank and check power in and out, I had to replace mine no too long ago. They sell them at lowes. I didn't need to do much to diagnose mine as the contacts were broken

This was the culprit! Pulled off the cover and saw power going in... no power going out. Replaced the pressure switch.... ALL is well :yahoo:

Thanks to all!!!

mamatutu

mama to two
This was the culprit! Pulled off the cover and saw power going in... no power going out. Replaced the pressure switch.... ALL is well :yahoo:

Thanks to all!!!

That is why this forum is so great when it comes to helpful info. I couldn't help you, but what a great reference thread (as many other threads) to help people in the future, as well. Having several little ones, I know you are so grateful to have your water back.

Tito

Donkey Smell

Any recommendations??

You must live in the ghetto