To SERVE and protect...

itsrequired

It's a nice video. Sad thing is, I see acts of kindness like this done by police officers all the time. Usually, it's only the negative which gets reported.

onel0126

Bead mumbler
It's a nice video. Sad thing is, I see acts of kindness like this done by police officers all the time. Usually, it's only the negative which gets reported.

Of course you do--you have blue tinted glasses. I'm Catholic, I see kindness done daily by priests--others have different experiences which can't be discounted.

Problem with LEO's, especially local as in town/county, they are the most blind of any collective group--defend their occupation to the death.

itsrequired

Of course you do--you have blue tinted glasses. I'm Catholic, I see kindness done daily by priests--others have different experiences which can't be discounted.

Problem with LEO's, especially local as in town/county, they are the most blind of any collective group--defend their occupation to the death.

How have you come to this conclusion? How many local cops have you talked to about their views? What is it you mean by defend their occupation? They defend the position they have? Sometimes they are thrust into a position to defend until the death. Same thing as our military.

You see them as one rather than individuals. I have been critical of police on here when it is deserved and have defended police when I felt they deserved it. You think police as a group when in reality they are individuals who are a part of an organization. They have different feelings and motivations for what they do, which may be aligned by similar experiences. Tell me what organization is not like that?

Show me an example of a police officer defending every police issue favorable to police? I have never experienced that and I have been a police officer for over 20 years. I have never met a police officer who hasn't been critical of some police action at some point or another.

So you now know my experience, tell me how you have come to your scientific conclusion? What experience do you have where every town and county police officer you have met have defended their occupation to the death? I'll go out on a limb here and say you can't. It's just talking to talk because it hurts to say something nice about cops.

onel0126

Bead mumbler
How have you come to this conclusion? How many local cops have you talked to about their views? What is it you mean by defend their occupation? They defend the position they have? Sometimes they are thrust into a position to defend until the death. Same thing as our military. You see them as one rather than individuals. I have been critical of police on here when it is deserved and have defended police when I felt they deserved it. You think police as a group when in reality they are individuals who are a part of an organization. They have different feelings and motivations for what they do, which may be aligned by similar experiences. Tell me what organization is not like that? Show me an example of a police officer defending every police issue favorable to police? I have never experienced that and I have been a police officer for over 20 years. I have never met a police officer who hasn't been critical of some police action at some point or another. So you now know my experience, tell me how you have come to your scientific conclusion? What experience do you have where every town and county police officer you have met have defended their occupation to the death? I'll go out on a limb here and say you can't. It's just talking to talk because it hurts to say something nice about cops.

While sitting here having coffee with my wife, I asked her to name all of the cops we know. She rattled off 12 names off the top of her head rather quickly. Twelve officers encompassing CCSO (Charles), PGPD, PGCSO, and MSP. Nine men, three women.

I then asked of those twelve, how many are cop apologists? She took 30 seconds and responded 11. Now, you asked for scientific. From my recollection of my college stat classes, 11 out if 12 is what's known as statistically significant. I can whip up some nice Excel graphs showing this in color with some nice logistic regressions if need be.

This is our experience. Twenty five years in federal law enforcement and intelligence training, including the training of many LEO's at the FBINA, FLETC in Georgia and Maryland can back this up to. I'm not a cop hater. I'm just a cop- culture hater. I've lived it. There is no other collectivity that IN GENERAL blindly defend their own--with the exception of perhaps Obama supporters.

rdytogo

While sitting here having coffee with my wife, I asked her to name all of the cops we know. She rattled off 12 names off the top of her head rather quickly. Twelve officers encompassing CCSO (Charles), PGPD, PGCSO, and MSP. Nine men, three women.

I then asked of those twelve, how many are cop apologists? She took 30 seconds and responded 11. Now, you asked for scientific. From my recollection of my college stat classes, 11 out if 12 is what's known as statistically significant. I can whip up some nice Excel graphs showing this in color with some nice logistic regressions if need be.

This is our experience. Twenty five years in federal law enforcement and intelligence training, including the training of many LEO's at the FBINA, FLETC in Georgia and Maryland can back this up to. I'm not a cop hater. I'm just a cop- culture hater. I've lived it. There is no other collectivity that IN GENERAL blindly defend their own--with the exception of perhaps Obama supporters.

You had a stat class that told you a group of 12 is enough for a reliable study? Where did you go to school?

rdytogo

Universe of 12--the twelve that I know.

So you think 12 is scientific? Using test subjects you are familiar with is also about as unscientific as it gets. Did you survey them or is this your subjective view point. I don't really have a dog in this fight but for you to put up this as scientific is absurd.

onel0126

Bead mumbler
So you think 12 is scientific? Using test subjects you are familiar with is also about as unscientific as it gets. Did you survey them or is this your subjective view point. I don't really have a dog in this fight but for you to put up this as scientific is absurd.

Are you serious? Go outside and enjoy the weather. My scientific observation was as scientific as his--that was my point. I don't need to develop a SAS or SPSS program to prove my point here.

rdytogo

Are you serious? Go outside and enjoy the weather. My scientific observation was as scientific as his--that was my point. I don't need to develop a SAS or SPSS program to prove my point here.

So if he's an idiot so are you? I don't think he said his experience was scientific, but you answered his question with what you learned in your stat class, indicating some sort of scientific conclusion. You know, or should know, that those numbers are insufficient for any real study.

So it comes down to his experience of working in the field with the "test" group for over 20 years to you having contact with law enforcement. You are the person who made the definitive statement that his view point was tinted and that of those he works with is as well without any real proof.

Don't get angry at me because you make statements you can't back up.

I am outside by the way....sitting by the pool.

onel0126

Bead mumbler
So if he's an idiot so are you? I don't think he said his experience was scientific, but you answered his question with what you learned in your stat class, indicating some sort of scientific conclusion. You know, or should know, that those numbers are insufficient for any real study. So it comes down to his experience of working in the field with the "test" group for over 20 years to you having contact with law enforcement. You are the person who made the definitive statement that his view point was tinted and that of those he works with is as well without any real proof. Don't get angry at me because you make statements you can't back up. I am outside by the way....sitting by the pool.
I answered with what is an observation based on real-world data--eleven of the twelve I know will die before ever criticizing one of their own. Ninety two percent of anything is significant--whether scientific or not. If squirrels ate 92 percent of my tomatoes, it's a safe and proper thing to say they ate most of them. This is not based on something I made up to quote you. Scientific based on a verified sample survey design using empirical data--maybe not.

rdytogo

I answered with what is an observation based on real-world data--eleven of the twelve I know will die before ever criticizing one of their own. Ninety two percent of anything is significant--whether scientific or not. If squirrels ate 92 percent of my tomatoes, it's a safe and proper thing to say they ate most of them. This is not based on something I made up to quote you. Scientific based on a verified sample survey design using empirical data--maybe not.

Your original statement was about him! Him and is tinted vision of how things are. You are wrong in that assessment. 100% wrong when you are speaking about him. I have seen him criticize cops on here. I have seen him talk about cops who were bad and should go to jail.

So why not be a man and retract what you said, (as it is wrong and I will give you an example) and talk about the cops YOU know looking at cop issues with an unrealistic view.

It didn’t take me long to find this. It’s in his second page of forum posts. It doesn’t seem like he is protecting other officers to the death when he states the following.

I think he's a bad cop because I believe he his lying about seeing a gun. The reaction to every cop who sees a gun is to alert others to that threat. He did not. Further, he moved away from the situation without notifying any of the officers about the guy with the gun, leaving them open to harm. This makes him a bad cop.

What you said about him was made up. You don't have anything to show that you are correct and have the aforementioned to prove that you are wrong!

onel0126

Bead mumbler
Your original statement was about him! Him and is tinted vision of how things are. You are wrong in that assessment. 100% wrong when you are speaking about him. I have seen him criticize cops on here. I have seen him talk about cops who were bad and should go to jail. So why not be a man and retract what you said, (as it is wrong and I will give you an example) and talk about the cops YOU know looking at cop issues with an unrealistic view. It didn’t take me long to find this. It’s in his second page of forum posts. It doesn’t seem like he is protecting other officers to the death when he states the following. What you said about him was made up. You don't have anything to show that you are correct and have the aforementioned to prove that you are wrong!

You clearly are his wife or partner...I don't have the time to devote to his defense that you do but why don't you read through all of his posts and calculate the number of times he defends verses condemns cops. Betcha it is higher than 92 percent defending...

rdytogo

You clearly are his wife or partner...I don't have the time to devote to his defense that you do but why don't you read through all of his posts and calculate the number of times he defends verses condemns cops. Betcha it is higher than 92 percent defending...

No, I don't know him.

I have read his posts, and most times, not all, I agree with what he is saying about cops. I have never been a cop, nor have I ever wanted to be. I have had ample experiences with media and understand the manipulative powers they have and how easy it is for people to read a snipet and come to that conclusion.

So here you are, proven that your original post is wrong and that subsequent posts are not scientific at all. Instead of accepting that, you now try to change the argument by saying a portion of his posts will be found to be defending cops. You leave an option for 8% (I suspect a made up percentage by you) of his post to be critical of cops.

So figuring the law of statistics, he has to be correct on some level of his defense of cops. He made a statement about his experiences. How he sees cops do good things often but they aren't in the press. You belittled that experience by stating as fact that his opinion was not valid because he was not objective. It took me exactly two pages to prove that theory wrong, but now you want more research.

Do it yourself. Prove me wrong. I certainly proved you wrong!

rdytogo

What you proved is that you are either a holster sniffing fan boy or a 12 year old girl...

Ahh...I get it now. You are one of those arrogant cops who can't be wrong. Holster sniffer? No, not so much. 12 year old girl? No, not at all. I'm a combat veteran who has served his country and believe what is right is right. You are the arrogant cop who wants to make judgment on some other cop, and even when presented with FACTS which show you are wrong can't admit it. You are the person who came in here and spoke out of your a$$. I just gave you the facts.