Rachel from Credit Card Services

GopherM

Darwin was right
Well that was a new ploy by "Rachel from Credit Card Services." I guess I should have known better than to answer the phone when Caller ID showed it my own house number calling me on my own house phone. I guess they have come up with a new way of spoofing numbers that makes them harder to block. Besides the call from my own number today I got one a week ago from the St. Mary's County Public School System's phone number.

Every call advises me that it is my final notice but they keep on calling. I wonder why the Federal Trade Commission can't shut them down? 20/20 on ABC TV has gone to their headquarters so someone knows where they operate from. The Do Not Call list doesn't work, the FTC doesn't do anything, every time I call block the phone number they use they just rotate to new ones. It makes it hard to ignore their calls and just let the phone ring with they mimic local phone numbers.

"There is nothing wrong with your credit account, BUT...."

I get those 3-4 times a week. That's why I never answer the phone.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I got rid of my land line. I don't get those calls anymore.

I get them on my cell phone regularly...one of the very few garbage calls that make it to my cell. They must have some of the best call lists money can buy.

GopherM

Darwin was right
I get them on both my home and cell lines. With this new trick, how can I ignore the call if it comes to my cell phone? The call looks like it is coming from my home number and might be my wife calling.

The other thing I can't figure out is if they are so universally despised, how the heck can they be making enough money to pay for their call center?

With this new trick, how can I ignore the call if it comes to my cell phone? The call looks like it is coming from my home number and might be my wife calling.

People are too anxious to make sure they answer the phone as soon as it rings. Let it go to voice mail.