Homosexual football player packing

GregV814

Well another threat of rioting is brewing in St. Louis....yes, Michael Sam "I am no Man, I wanna be a gayRam" has been cut. The Justice Department under the direction of Eric "Obama's Dick" Holder, is considering a pre-emptive firing the entire police department in the event that rioters, dressed in pink leotards, initiate acts of civil disobedience by car jackings, burning department stores and killing innocent bystanders...... President Obama, notified about the dismissal of the athelete, had no comment except to say "we simply have no plan" of action. He brazenly attacked the 3rd green at the par 5 hole in Tampa....

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Well another threat of rioting is brewing in St. Louis....yes, Michael Sam "I am no Man, I wanna be a gayRam" has been cut. The Justice Department under the direction of Eric "Obama's Dick" Holder, is considering a pre-emptive firing the entire police department in the event that rioters, dressed in pink leotards, initiate acts of civil disobedience by car jackings, burning department stores and killing innocent bystanders...... President Obama, notified about the dismissal of the athelete, had no comment except to say "we simply have no plan" of action. He brazenly attacked the 3rd green at the par 5 hole in Tampa....

Deja vu all over again.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Bills’ Eric Wood blames ESPN for lack of interest in Michael Sam

According to one NFL player, the answer to that question is yes — but not because teams are homophobic. Bills center Eric Wood says teams are avoiding Sam because they don’t want the ESPN hype that would come with having Sam, the only openly gay player in football, on the team. In response to a question from Ross Tucker about Sam’s lack of practice squad offers, Wood said ESPN is to blame.

BOP

Bills’ Eric Wood blames ESPN for lack of interest in Michael Sam

According to one NFL player, the answer to that question is yes — but not because teams are homophobic. Bills center Eric Wood says teams are avoiding Sam because they don’t want the ESPN hype that would come with having Sam, the only openly gay player in football, on the team. In response to a question from Ross Tucker about Sam’s lack of practice squad offers, Wood said ESPN is to blame.

I wonder where Wood got that idea.

http://tbo.com/sports/bucs/nfl-holding-players-to-higher-standard-20140720/

“I wouldn’t have taken him,’’ said former Bucs and Colts coach Tony Dungy, now an analyst for NBC. “Not because I don’t believe Michael Sam should have a chance to play, but I wouldn’t want to deal with all of it.

Monello

PREMO Member
Told you homophobes the Rams wouldn't keep him if he wasn't good enough.

I'm not so sure about that. Tim Tebow isn't in the league for the same reason. He may not have NFL QB abilities but he sure is a capable situational player. Plus he makes those around him better. I'm sure the Steelers can attest to that.

Sam is just reaping what he sowed. He rolled the dice and now he's without a team. Tebow's circus was created for him for no other reason than his firmly held religious beliefs. The faithful aren't a protected class. It seems piling on Christians is encouraged.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I'm not so sure about that. Tim Tebow isn't in the league for the same reason. He may not have NFL QB abilities but he sure is a capable situational player. Plus he makes those around him better. I'm sure the Steelers can attest to that.

Sam is just reaping what he sowed. He rolled the dice and now he's without a team. Tebow's circus was created for him for no other reason than his firmly held religious beliefs. The faithful aren't a protected class. It seems piling on Christians is encouraged.

I disagree. I tried to argue in favor of Tebow based on that Steeler game and more sensible people finally got me to see that, day in day out, game after game, Tebow simply did not have the goods to play QB and wasn't worth bothering with for 'situational' football. In the NFL, 'situational' means 'gimmick' and no one plans for gimmicks. You only do that, Wild Cat, Tebow, Bob3 read/option, if you're stuck.

Sam simply isn't good enough and they are not about to plan to 'gimmick' him; they're not stuck with him. And that is my point; the 'phobes around here thought they'd be stuck with him no matter what and they're wrong. If the Rams come up with some injuries, maybe they have him back but, he's simply not that good.

Monello

PREMO Member
I disagree.

I do too. Tebow is 6' 3" & 240#. He'd make a great tight end. He'd could be similar to Chris Cooley was for the skins years ago. He would make a superb special teamer, since he is always a threat to run or throw. As far as I know he never complained when he was on punt coverage for the Jets. Anyway his window of opportunity is closing fast.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I do too. Tebow is 6' 3" & 240#. He'd make a great tight end. He'd could be similar to Chris Cooley was for the skins years ago. He would make a superb special teamer, since he is always a threat to run or throw. As far as I know he never complained when he was on punt coverage for the Jets. Anyway his window of opportunity is closing fast.

That argument says that NFL teams are turning down a player that will make their team better.

That's not what they do. If he had a use, the Pats would have picked him up a long time ago. There's 31 more teams that want to win a Super bowl, too.

Monello

PREMO Member
That argument says that NFL teams are turning down a player that will make their team better.

That's not what they do. If he had a use, the Pats would have picked him up a long time ago. There's 31 more teams that want to win a Super bowl, too.

"The teams are saying the circus that comes to town with those players isn't worth the price of admission." - Tony Dungy 2014

Larry Gude

Strung Out
"The teams are saying the circus that comes to town with those players isn't worth the price of admission." - Tony Dungy 2014

Translation; He isn't good enough.

Randy Moss; the circus was worth it
Ray Rice; the circus is worth it
Jeff George; the circus was worth it
DeSean Jackson; the circus is worth it
Mike Vick; the circus is worth it

Check and mate

:evil:

Monello

PREMO Member
Translation; He isn't good enough.

Randy Moss; the circus was worth it
Ray Rice; the circus is worth it
Jeff George; the circus was worth it
DeSean Jackson; the circus is worth it
Mike Vick; the circus is worth it

Check and mate

:evil:

So you feel that TT at his best is worse than the worst player in the league?

With MS & TT the media nonsense is much higher than anyone else on the list. Vick may come close. Tebow needed to be flexible to moving to a different position and that hurt his cause.

I think MS will make someone's roster or even the practice squad but that remains to be seen.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
So you feel that TT at his best is worse than the worst player in the league?

With MS & TT the media nonsense is much higher than anyone else on the list. Vick may come close. Tebow needed to be flexible to moving to a different position and that hurt his cause.

I think MS will make someone's roster or even the practice squad but that remains to be seen.

I am not saying Tebow's best is worse than the worst in the league. I am agree with your point from Dungey; that the circus isn't worth it and saying if Tebow was good enough to be worth the circus he'd been on someones team. Same with Sam.

The 'circus' is a very real price to the team and to winning.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

We've just seen it. NOT worth the circus.

That article is very correct; ESPN Pearl Harbored this kid. Until the shower report, he may have had a shot. Now, it's too much circus, too little upside.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
this would be a non issue if MS wasn't flaunting his sexuality around ....

Not so. That was part of the circus costing too much but, it was not the sole cost. As Monello is arguing, he is good enough to play somewhere if playing was all that mattered. Don't give the media a pass on this.