Well...yeah....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
These politicians and humanitarian types are always coming out with these silly soundbites that get picked up by the rabble and repeated like they mean something.

"We need to love, not hate."

"We need to look past racial differences."

"We need to eliminate injustice."

Well freaking DUH. We all know we "need" to do these things but we're not going to. Ever. Like, ever. Humans are...human. They hate, they are unreasonable, they fear anyone who is different, they are unfair. Not all of them, and I don't believe it's even the majority, but there are enough #### heads that we aren't ever going to be a 100% utopian world. We're just not. No matter how hard we try.

It annoys me that such a small percentage of people in this country are racist or criminal or violent or bigots, yet we focus on them like they're the norm. Then we suggest solutions, like if we try hard enough we'll get them to see the error of their ways and they'll join us in a round of Kumbaya.

Not gonna happen, folks.

It's simple thinking for simple people who either don't want to accept that you can't control everything, or are too stupid to realize it. So that's my annoyance of the day: people who parrot some stoner hippie mantra like it means anything.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
It annoys me that such a small percentage of people in this country are racist or criminal or violent or bigots, yet we focus on them like they're the norm. Then we suggest solutions, like if we try hard enough we'll get them to see the error of their ways and they'll join us in a round of Kumbaya.

it gives the opposition POWER ..... :cds: look over here racists ... send us money

Larry Gude

Strung Out
So that's my annoyance of the day: people who parrot some stoner hippie mantra like it means anything.

A bunch of long hairs, long ago, knowing their history, their human nature, their great philosophers and civilizations, set forth their idea how things ought to be gone about;

Right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness.

From there, everything else will take care of itself. You can do what you want as long as it does not violate anyone elses rights.

Getting stoned, drunk, laying about, working your ass off, somewhere in between, say what I want, pray as I wish, as long as I am not harming someone else. And THAT is where the issue is; at core of all the rancor in this nation is someone who disagrees with that simple mantra and wants to violate someone elses rights because they don't like the choices someone made.

All our issues boil down to our endless desire to control one another. Slavery, how we tax (but, I repeat myself) government growth beyond it's constitutional confines, personal behavior, you name it.

The ideas of the stoner hippie are the same as the founders. The issue is stoner hippies who want other people to pay for them to be stoned hippies and all the other controls we seek over one another.