Metrocast internet issues/Motorola SB6121 Modem

Mr_Bond_Got_Em

Been having major internet issues lately, although I think its tied to the modem. Anyone else been having issues or specifically with this modem? Thinking about switching to Verizon dsl as well. Any comments/experiences good or bad w/ their service?

Thanks.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
I don't know about model number, but when my modem gets hot it gets touchy. If it's beside a sunny window, move it. Sometimes it just needs a reboot or reset.

SG_Player1974

I have a Linksys CM100 modem and EVERY DAY it goes down several times a day but, for no more than 10 minutes at a time. VERY annoying!

Called Metrocrap and they told me that it was DEFINITELY my modem and the fact that it is "Timing Out." Was told the lines looked good (over the phone) and that a newer modem with stronger signal between the modem and the servers at MEtrocast will solve the problem.

I think this is pretty accurate as I have noticed that it seems to kick offline when we are streaming Netflix or YouTube vids OR there are many devices using internetz at the same time.

Thoughts??

H

Hodr

Just wanted to mention that in my opinion Motorola has gone downhill with the quality of their modems. I had an old DOCSIS 1.1 (forgot the model number) Surfboard that worked for 10 years or so without a hiccup. Since I switched to to the SB6121 (for DOCSIS 3.0, to support their 50Mbit connection) I have had to replace the modem 3 times. My new one still needs to be physically reset about once a month.