This just in: Mike Hart is a democrat.

FollowTheMoney

Mike Hart, a Calvert County Commissioner candidate from the 1st District (Lusby area) is a democrat as evidenced by
his open support for democrat Kelly McConkey a commissioner candidate for the 3rd district, by posting a very large
elect McConkey billboard behind his sales counter above and on the wall of his liquor store. He also has an elect Contra
sign in his store as well. Craig Contra being the democrat candidate running against republican Sheriff Evans. Also, being
one of the very, very, very, few "republicans" ever endorsed by the local teachers union. You really have to be a
democrat at heart to get that endorsement.
But, his association with McConkey, whom many think to be a shyster, is far the greater telling of who Mike Hart really is, at heart.
JIMHO

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Mike Hart, a Calvert County Commissioner candidate from the 1st District (Lusby area) is a democrat as evidenced by
his open support for democrat Kelly McConkey a commissioner candidate for the 3rd district, by posting a very large
elect McConkey billboard behind his sales counter above and on the wall of his liquor store. He also has an elect Contra
sign in his store as well. Craig Contra being the democrat candidate running against republican Sheriff Evans. Also, being
one of the very, very, very, few "republicans" ever endorsed by the local teachers union. You really have to be a
democrat at heart to get that endorsement.
But, his association with McConkey, whom many think to be a shyster, is far the greater telling of who Mike Hart really is, at heart.
JIMHO
Do you vote for a person or a party?

FollowTheMoney

Do you vote for a person or a party?
Neither. But I do vote.You figure it out.
If a candidate is going to declare a party affiliation and then stab that party in the back
when there are four other republican candidates running in the county for commissioner,
then that is a sign of a serious character flaw.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
If a candidate is going to declare a party affiliation and then stab that party in the back
when there are four other republican candidates running in the county for commissioner,
He sounds like he's been above board with his opinions.

Midnightrider

Do you think that maybe mike favors voting out incumbents?

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
He hasn't exactly been hiding the fact that he changed his party affiliation to republican because, in his words "nobody will vote for me as a democrat". Maybe he dialed that back a bit lately.

I personally know some democrats who changed their party affiliation so they could vote for him in the primary knowing full well he's going to be the lefty he is.

I wonder what he thought of the other Democrat (running as such) that pulled over 4000 votes who's a convicted felon.

I wonder how many hard core righties don't realize they voted for their enemy in disguise and have his bumper sticker on their vehicles.

Goes to show that both sides have droves of low info voters who only care about the letter beside the names.

Mike Hart, to me, seems like a natural politician...he lies.

Last edited: