Elderly Woman Tied to a Chair During a Town Creek Burglary

sockgirl77

WTF is going on in this county now?

UPDATE 9/4/14 Official Press Release from the St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office :
On September 4, 2014 at 3:10 a.m., Sheriff’s Office patrol units responded to a private residence on Town creek Dr., for a reported Burglary which had just occurred.

Deputies determined three suspects, dressed in all black clothing and wearing masks had entered an occupied residence through a window.

One of the suspects was armed with a handgun. Once inside, the suspects tied the victim’s hands and feet together and stole personal items from the residence before fleeing the scene. One of the victim’s was able to free herself and call 911.

A second elderly female victim was transported to MedStar St. Mary’s Hospital for precautionary reasons and was not injured in the incident.

Detectives from the Criminal Investigations Division responded to the residence and assumed the investigation. Additional details will be released as they are developed.

Detectives are asking anyone with information about this crime to contact CRIME SOLVERS at 301.475.3333, (callers can remain anonymous), or text a tip to “TIP239″ plus your message to ‘”CRIMES” (274637).

http://smnewsnet.com/archives/108772/elderly-woman-tied-to-a-chair-during-a-town-creek-burglary/

dontknowwhy

The police are seeking the public's assistance...
Why? All that's going to happen to them is a slap on the wrist, at best.
When the police start asking for the public's assistance in hunting down & putting down these animals, only then will i be willing to help the police do their job for free.

SG_Player1974

The police are seeking the public's assistance...

Don't know why! I have a friend that called the "tip line" because they knew some people that were up on various websites and were wanted. Called SEVERAL times and left messages with the detective in charge of the case as well as the tip line. Gave the names, places they lived, etc.

NEVER got a call back. Not even to say "Hey thanks... we found the info we needed." NOTHING!

This particular case had one of those "Up to $1000 for info" tags on it. Does anyone here know anyone that has EVER gotten a reward from tips to crimes?

Vince

Eventually, these buglars are going to enter the wrong house and get shot. Which would be a good thing, but then this is Maryland and the homeowner would probably be charged. :shrug:

SoMDGirl42

Don't know why! I have a friend that called the "tip line" because they knew some people that were up on various websites and were wanted. Called SEVERAL times and left messages with the detective in charge of the case as well as the tip line. Gave the names, places they lived, etc.

NEVER got a call back. Not even to say "Hey thanks... we found the info we needed." NOTHING!

This particular case had one of those "Up to $1000 for info" tags on it. Does anyone here know anyone that has EVER gotten a reward from tips to crimes?

I know of a similar situation.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Eventually, these buglars are going to enter the wrong house and get shot. Which would be a good thing, but then this is Maryland and the homeowner would probably be charged. :shrug:

Yup. They know the odds are on their side, so criminals will break into your house with full knowledge that they won't be confronted or prosecuted.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out

also its St. marys co... so we would just get a slap on the wrist! :coffee:

Yup. They know the odds are on their side, so criminals will break into your house with full knowledge that they won't be confronted or prosecuted.

Old enough to not give a crap. They would be going down. Assuming I even wake up. However when in MD the .357 was under the mattress. Wallet in the dresser. Need to get up to give to them. Toss it on the bed, duck and start shooting.

Last edited:

Hank

my war
http://www.thebaynet.com/news/index.cfm/fa/viewstory/story_ID/39007

On Sept. 5, St. Mary’s County detectives arrested three suspects responsible for the burglary to an occupied residence on Town Creek Drive, Lexington Park.

Information was obtained during the investigation that a former caretaker had recently been terminated from employment and may have been involved in the incident.

The employee, Jessica L. Johnson was located at a hotel in Charles County and a search and seizure warrant was executed by CID detectives at that location.

Following the execution of the search and seizure warrant, information was obtained indicating property stolen from the burglary was being stored at a residence in Newburg, Maryland.

Hank

my war
Good on the sheriff's department for a quick closure on this!

Ehhh. Catch & Release Program. They will bail out and be back on the streets within days. Then, they will have their day in court for their slap on the wrist. :patriot:

rdytogo

Ehhh. Catch & Release Program. They will bail out and be back on the streets within days. Then, they will have their day in court for their slap on the wrist. :patriot:

What does that have to do with the good job on the sheriff's department? They can only do so much.

Hank

my war
What does that have to do with the good job on the sheriff's department? They can only do so much.

Oh, I totally agree. I have much respect for them, but at the same time, I feel their frustration for having to deal with the same clowns over and over because of our wonderful justice system.