Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Restaurants in SOMD

Blog Entries
    I'm a big fan of Café Vrai. Lots of creative appetizers, solid eclectic entrees. A seasonal menu that changes up from time to time. I can't wait till fall when they unveil the autumn soup & stew menu. She just recently added some new coffee varieties to the mix. Their poolside grill is awesome with things like bruschetta, atomic turds, grilled veggies & steaks.

Some nights you can even help out in the kitchen, other times it's stay the hell out of the way.

Last nights first course was a mixed green salad with some crunchy toppings & the entrée was a marinated boneless pork loin that was pan fried and deglazed with sherry.
    "Is Uncle Monello homeless?"

Monello thinks he is king of the forum, now. Just keep that in mind.
    What bad thing did you do?

Quote Originally Posted by MMM_donuts View Post
    Oh, I'm so dumb for not having this in my original post!

Adam's Ribs in Price Frederick catered my wedding with a pig, crab cakes, and a bunch of sides - holy crap did they do a fantastic job!! It was perfect so I'm a lifelong supporter of that place!
    Never had a good meal at Adam's and Ruddy has gone downhill.

I like:

Jerry's
    River's Edge
    Lighthouse

My favorite Southern Maryland spots are:
    Jerry's
    Adams Rib (they have great steak too)
    Mexico (in Huntingtown or at North Beach) for cheap good food, drinks and chips
    and a little North in Edgewater, the Edgewater Restaurant (best cream of crab soup around)

We've been to Bobby Ruccis Famous Italian Deli and Doughboys in White Plains twice recently.
    It's not fine dining, but the few things we've tried there have been very good. Anyone else tried them?

The Back Creek Bistro is STILL OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got off the phone with Fitz.

Some of you people are full of $hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    Ruddy has gone downhill.
    I've had a bit of a 50/50 mixed experience at Ruddy Duck.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Monello View Post
    I'm a big fan of Café Vrai.
    Pizza night is the best night
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by Monello View Post
    I'm a big fan of Café Vrai. Lots of creative appetizers, solid eclectic entrees. A seasonal menu that changes up from time to time. I can't wait till fall when they unveil the autumn soup & stew menu. She just recently added some new coffee varieties to the mix. Their poolside grill is awesome with things like bruschetta, atomic turds, grilled veggies & steaks. Some nights you can even help out in the kitchen, other times it's stay the hell out of the way. Last nights first course was a mixed green salad with some crunchy toppings & the entrée was a marinated boneless pork loin that was pan fried and deglazed with sherry.
    It certainly sounds fantastic but I don't think the owner would be too happy if a bunch of random internet forumites just showed up there one night. I imagine it's more of an by-invite-only kind of place.

Blog Entries
    I've had a bit of a 50/50 mixed experience at Ruddy Duck.
    I'm always surprised when people say they had a meh or even bad experience there. That's probably the restaurant I frequent most and I've never, not one time, had less than great food and service. Maybe it's just my good luck restaurant?
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Blog Entries
    It certainly sounds fantastic but I don't think the owner would be too happy if a bunch of random internet forumites just showed up there one night. I imagine it's more of an by-invite-only kind of place.
    I heard the old place had a lot more seats. The current place has a more intimate ambiance.
    "Is Uncle Monello homeless?"

Monello thinks he is king of the forum, now. Just keep that in mind.
    What bad thing did you do?

Quote Originally Posted by FED_UP View Post
    The best restaurant I ate at so far down in SOMD is Stoney’s Kingfishers Seafood House over in Solomon's, nice to have a view of the water too. Been their with big groups and small groups, never heard one person complain. Don't like the already included gratuity though. I think that should be earned IMO.
    Stoney's has a really good crab pretzel that my husband used to share with me when we were dating. It was included as one of his reasons that I should consider moving to this area.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.