Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Restaurants in SOMD

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    I'm always surprised when people say they had a meh or even bad experience there. That's probably the restaurant I frequent most and I've never, not one time, had less than great food and service. Maybe it's just my good luck restaurant?
    In the past 5 years, I have had one bad meal there- a special with stuffed pork chops. I told them it was undercooked, they agreed and replaced it with something else.
    They are probably the restaurant I eat at the most. Their wait staff is usually right on the ball especially Ashley. She's my Fave!
    "It's nice to be important but it's also important to be nice."

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    I'm always surprised when people say they had a meh or even bad experience there. That's probably the restaurant I frequent most and I've never, not one time, had less than great food and service. Maybe it's just my good luck restaurant?
    A handful of people have suggested that we sit at the bar for better consistency. Idk.

Then again, even though I feel like I'm one of the easiest people to please when it comes to food, I seem to have a track record of ridiculously crazy things that happen when I dine out.

My mother, on the other hand, has very specific demands such as having all the red cabbage shreds and thick lettuce spines picked out of her salad before it reaches her or she makes a scene. She seems to not only get what she wants but they always seem to be more than happy to do it.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult....

Quote Originally Posted by NextJen View Post
    and a little North in Edgewater, the Edgewater Restaurant (best cream of crab soup around)
    Is that the place on Mayo Rd.? If so, really good food!

Visualize whirled peas Merlin99's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin99 View Post
    Chiefs for fried oysters
    Blue wind for crab cakes
    Ruddy duck for the white pizza and chipas
    Jerry's kale is the best side dish ever
    I forgot, ye olde towne cafe for the breakfast buffet.
    ‎"I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake"

Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    Is that the place on Mayo Rd.? If so, really good food!
    Yes, that's the place! It's not fancy, but the food is good. We also like the Old Stein Inn up that way too. 10 German beers on tap.....what's not to like?

Ruddy Duck - favorite appetizer is their onion rings.
    La Tolteca - Prince Frederick. Family owned (I know them personally - awesome folks) Great Mexican food, great prices & superb service.
    River's Edge - Benedict (Charles County)

Visualize whirled peas Merlin99's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NextJen View Post
    Yes, that's the place! It's not fancy, but the food is good. We also like the Old Stein Inn up that way too. 10 German beers on tap.....what's not to like?
    Second this one, Old Stein is one of my favorites, just to far to go for dinner.
    ‎"I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake"

In terms of local restaurants I like-

Boomerangs
    Ruddy Duck
    Salsas

In terms of chains-
    Texas Roadhouse (maybe:/)
    Chipotle

I want a Carabba's something terrible.

My husband says:

Thai Inter
    CD Cafe

And he almost said Stoney's but then said they're too expensive and agrees that we didn't love them the last time we were there.

The Gridiron Grill in Callaway makes a great blue cheese dip for their house made potato chips.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.