Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Humming birds.

Humming birds.

Seem to have left. I didn't have many, maybe 2 or 3.

I've been teaching the cardinals how to hum.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Quote Originally Posted by desertrat View Post
    Seem to have left. I didn't have many, maybe 2 or 3.
    I have seen many here. Maybe, it is because they know winter will get to you in CO before it gets here. Do you have feeders out?

One thing I tried this year was making a butterfly garden which, also, attracts the hummingbirds.

I have been seeing the 3 or 4 that are our normal visitors quite frequently over the past week. I think they are trying to fuel up for migration.

We still have hummers at our place. Only 3 - 5 each day now. They are usually gone by Sept. 15th. They seem to be taking their time heading south this year.

It's been 2 days since I have seen any at our feeders. I think they may have started South. I'll leave the feeders up for a few more weeks in case we get any migraters on their way by.

Registered User acommondisaster's Avatar
    Ours are gone. Going to take the feeders down this weekend, I think.
    Chaos breathes life into routine.

I have a few still hanging around. Like spaghettislinge, I thought they seemed to be taking their sweet time this year.

That's fine with me though, I'm always sad to see them go.
    *Disclaimer: My online conversation and comments to you in no way imply that I am actually interested in you.*

Had 3 at 7 AM and saw 2 more at 6 PM today ( make & female). Keep your nectar out!

Today is Oct. 6th. Had 2 hummers today. Can't believe there are still stragglers. The hummers are usually gone around mid Sept.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.