Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Humming birds.

I believe it is possible to feed a hummingbird out of our hand. When on a vacation in Maine, a hummingbird hit the window of our house and was knocked unconscious. My hub put it in his hand and then we made a mixture of sugar water and poured it in his palm. The bird, eventually, came to and drank the water, and then flew away. I will never forget that memory. Awesome.

I hung our feeders out last weekend and we saw our first visitor on Wednesday evening (the 15th)! Tiny little guy. I saw him last night too. I'm not sure if he is a regular or if he is on his way further North. They're back!

Man, I'm still here !!!
    thanks, i'll have to put ours out. Waiting for blue birds too, have evicted Chickadee three times....

I got buzzed when I got home yesterday. I was late with the feeders, and I was informed of their displeasure. I asked my husband, how do they know that I normally have feeders out for them? He replied, there are bird truck stop signs pointing to our house. But I goggled it, and their lifespan is about 5 years. That's one heck of a memory.
    *Disclaimer: My online conversation and comments to you in no way imply that I am actually interested in you.*

The big bumble bees are back too. I guess they thought the azalea bushes would be in bloom again.

Quote Originally Posted by MADPEBS1 View Post
    thanks, i'll have to put ours out. Waiting for blue birds too, have evicted Chickadee three times....
    Chickadees deserve love too!

Right now I have a bird nest above my front door. I'm just going to leave it...not harming anyone.

I was just hearing last night that it was time to put out the hummingbird feeders.

Man, I'm still here !!!
    They do, last year she had laid eggs, let her stay, when baby's fledged cleaned nest and blue birds came and made nest and had a brood

Quote Originally Posted by RareBreed View Post
    The big bumble bees are back too. I guess they thought the azalea bushes would be in bloom again.
    Just be sure that they are not borer bees. They look similar. It took us three years with pest control company to get rid of them. They will do major damage to a wooden house.

Quote Originally Posted by Beta View Post
    Chickadees deserve love too!

Right now I have a bird nest above my front door. I'm just going to leave it...not harming anyone.

I was just hearing last night that it was time to put out the hummingbird feeders.
    We keep bird seed out in our feeder all year round, and suet cakes. We love to watch them. We had a goldfinch today which is rare. Need to put out the hummingbird feeder. Just didn't do it yet. We, actually, had ants in our kitchen last week. I didn't want to put out more sugar.

We have TONS of goldies on our "kitty TV" front porch feeders already this year.
    Don't confuse what you do to live with what you do to survive.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.