This is NOT Disipline

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Stop defending Adrian Peterson. Seriously, just stop.

I have read hundreds of comments all over the internet defending Adrian Peterson until I can’t take it anymore. I am shocked, and saddened, by the number of people gleefully recounting stories of their own abuse to justify Adrian Peterson’s beating of his 4 year old son. “We all got whippins. We turned out fine.” “That’s what’s wrong this country. No one will beat a kid’s a** anymore.” As if hitting children somehow equates to patriotism and if only more people would do it, we could save the country from the clutches of wild-eyed liberals. And of course the ever popular, “Spare the rod, spoil the child.” We’ll get to that one in a moment.

What is going on? Has everyone lost their minds? Would your reactions be different if he had beaten a woman this way?

Here are the facts: the abuse was so severe that it was reported by the boy’s pediatrician. According to the police report, the child had bloody cuts all over his body, including his genitals, bruising to his face, and he also described how his father stuffed his mouth full of leaves. To top it all off, Peterson then sent out jovial text messages describing what he had just done to his child. Folks, not one bit of this is even remotely defensible.

PeoplesElbow

Four years old is too young for a switch. A little swat with your hand, doesn't even have to hurt is enough for a four year old. That is a beating, my grade school principal got in trouble for spanking kids too hard leaving welts.

CRHS89

While I personally don't spank my child, I think in some instances it is ok. BUT....leaving marks or using weapons is not ok at any time for any reason.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
AP's biggest defenders probably have him, or had him, on their fantasy team......

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Stop defending Adrian Peterson. Seriously, just stop.

I have read hundreds of comments all over the internet defending Adrian Peterson until I can’t take it anymore. I am shocked, and saddened, by the number of people gleefully recounting stories of their own abuse to justify Adrian Peterson’s beating of his 4 year old son. “We all got whippins. We turned out fine.” “That’s what’s wrong this country. No one will beat a kid’s a** anymore.” As if hitting children somehow equates to patriotism and if only more people would do it, we could save the country from the clutches of wild-eyed liberals. And of course the ever popular, “Spare the rod, spoil the child.” We’ll get to that one in a moment.

What is going on? Has everyone lost their minds? Would your reactions be different if he had beaten a woman this way?

Here are the facts: the abuse was so severe that it was reported by the boy’s pediatrician. According to the police report, the child had bloody cuts all over his body, including his genitals, bruising to his face, and he also described how his father stuffed his mouth full of leaves. To top it all off, Peterson then sent out jovial text messages describing what he had just done to his child. Folks, not one bit of this is even remotely defensible.

I find the "seriously, just stop" part of the phrase annoying as ####. Why do people have to run a phrase straight into the ground?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Four years old is too young for a switch. A little swat with your hand, doesn't even have to hurt is enough for a four year old. That is a beating, my grade school principal got in trouble for spanking kids too hard leaving welts.

at that age my youngest would collapse in to a ball of tears if I raised my voice at her .... no need to raise a hand, her mother however 'mommy deffness' :whistle:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I couldn't read the whole article as I saw the pictures and just got sick to my stomach, so I have no idea who Adrian Peterson is. I heard a part of Charles Barkley's and another sportscaster's newsclips this morning on TV and I agree with the 2nd guy - didn't catch his name. :clueless: I was doing something else, so I wasn't paying full attention - but when I saw this thread this morning - I figured it was the same.

this is not discipline. This is freaking abuse. JFC,what is wrong with people? Then he posts it on social media to defend himself? I'm going to find some sunshine and lollipops because this topic is depressing as hell and not how I want to spend my day.

KDENISE977

It hurts my heart to see so many people defending this as an appropriate for of discipline.

It really makes you wonder how many others are treating there children that way if they think it's okay??? No way, not in million years could I imagine....and my kid is a TERROR !!!

Midnightrider

It really makes you wonder how many others are treating there children that way if they think it's okay??? No way, not in million years could I imagine....and my kid is a TERROR !!!

that might be the reason your kid is a terror....

I will let the jury make the call on AP and wether or not what he did was child abuse, but i dont beleive that corporal punishment is always wrong. I think that sometimes it is necessary.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
that might be the reason your kid is a terror....

I will let the jury make the call on AP and wether or not what he did was child abuse, but i dont beleive that corporal punishment is always wrong. I think that sometimes it is necessary.
So you condone whipping a 4 year old to the point of leaving bloody marks. I'm not surprised.