Orange and White Cat Lex Pk

If your in Essex So/Lexington Park and are missing an orange and white cat, I trapped it and will call Animal Control when they open this morning. This cat belonged to someone, isn't afraid of people but fights with the feral group I have been taking care of for years. Sick of people abandoning/dumping their pets.

It's been picked up by Animal Control. Looks like it is a HE that has been neutered. So if this is your cat contact the Tri-County Animal Shelter

YES....The feral group has been vetted, it's Mom and her 3 babies and this new one was fighting with them (totally unacceptable) AND our indoor cat was upset by the present of the stray!! NOT GOING TO HAPPEN

Last edited:

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
YES....The feral group has been vetted, it's Mom and her 3 babies and this new one was fighting with them (totally unacceptable) AND our indoor cat was upset by the present of the stray!! NOT GOING TO HAPPEN

:yay:....

I get ya.... im about ready to send 3 cats to the shelter and i know who owns them.... :coffee:

It's been coming around for at least 2 months, daily the last couple of weeks (had the trap for almost 2 weeks but was too hot) and if any forum member wants to adopt it, go to the shelter and give it a loving home

KandJ

Bring the ferals in or rehome them and then you won't have to call ac to have your neighbors' cats PTS.

mamatutu

mama to two
Bring the ferals in or rehome them and then you won't have to call ac to have your neighbors' cats PTS.

Great idea, but easier said than done. Have you tried to rescue a feral cat? Or, be able to tell the difference between an owned cat that has just gone astray? Do you know all your neighbor's cats? I am just curious like a cat.

KandJ

I have five former ferals and I can tell the difference between them and the neighborhood cats. Thin line between curious and trolling.

mamatutu

mama to two
I have five former ferals and I can tell the difference between them and the neighborhood cats. Thin line between curious and trolling.

I wasn't trolling. Thank you very much. I have a lot of experience at trying to catch ferals and give them a better life; which I have. So, I guess you don't really know me. But, that is ok because I don't know you, either. :smile:

Last edited:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Interesting. Picking and choosing which ones get to stay and live or which gets to go to AC and face death.

What difference does it make if the animal is a stray from a house in the neighborhood? Can you not take care of that one? If another feral showed up you would take care of it, wouldn't you?

If you're volunteering to help strays (ferals) why would you single out an animal who is not getting properly cared for by their owner as one who needs to go to AC, where it might certainly face death if not adopted out.

These are serious questions.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Interesting. Picking and choosing which ones get to stay and live or which gets to go to AC and face death.

What difference does it make if the animal is a stray from a house in the neighborhood? Can you not take care of that one? If another feral showed up you would take care of it, wouldn't you?

If you're volunteering to help strays (ferals) why would you single out an animal who is not getting properly cared for by their owner as one who needs to go to AC, where it might certainly face death if not adopted out.

These are serious questions.

I think the issue is that the said cat is fighting with the other cats. and if thats the case and all the other "feral" cats are getting along fine then I guess protecting the ones you have put time and money on becomes the priority... that was my take on it.

Some people just don't get it! With the help of the local feral group 2 years ago; that took days, Mom and her 3 babies were trapped and vetted (fixed, wormed, rabies and flea treatment) and I agreed to feed, provide shelter/warmth and I treat them for worms and fleas. Another stray that showed up is now our house cat along with an elderly diabetic dog. We live on a FIXED income and the amount of money we spend on animal related items per month is staggering. I'm not going to tolerate another abandon/dumped animal screwing with little family that has stayed together. In the 30+ years we have lived in this neighborhood it is shocking the number of pets that have been dumped here! If anybody on the forums would like to contribute funds to feed and care for strays that show up, I'll gladly accept the help and if you'd like to give any of them a loving home that would be even better. In the mean time, if you have no solution to the problem, I would appreciate you keeping YOUR opinions to yourself........

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Some people just don't get it! With the help of the local feral group 2 years ago; that took days, Mom and her 3 babies were trapped and vetted (fixed, wormed, rabies and flea treatment) and I agreed to feed, provide shelter/warmth and I treat them for worms and fleas. Another stray that showed up is now our house cat along with an elderly diabetic dog. We live on a FIXED income and the amount of money we spend on animal related items per month is staggering. I'm not going to tolerate another abandon/dumped animal screwing with little family that has stayed together. In the 30+ years we have lived in this neighborhood it is shocking the number of pets that have been dumped here! If anybody on the forums would like to contribute funds to feed and care for strays that show up, I'll gladly accept the help and if you'd like to give any of them a loving home that would be even better. In the mean time, if you have no solution to the problem, I would appreciate you keeping YOUR opinions to yourself........

You come across as an angry person.

Your damn right I'm angry!! People that don't know me passing judgement. I had a difficult time trapping and calling animal control, that isn't my nature but we had to draw the line some where. Pet owners should be making that decision, not me.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out

slow down tiger... I get ya!!

hey.... i have tried to trap the female stray cat around my place cuz i have taken 2 litters from her already...

but i get it :yay:

I didnt take it as coming across angry...... or any more angry than others on here :jet: :lol:

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Your damn right I'm angry!! People that don't know me passing judgement. I had a difficult time trapping and calling animal control, that isn't my nature but we had to draw the line some where. Pet owners should be making that decision, not me.

:yay:.... like taking care of their own pets... getting them S/N.... :jet: then we wouldnt have to do it..

ooohhh and keeping their pets from roaming the streets