Furniture Haul Away

pelers

Anyone know of a business that will haul away furniture? I have an incredibly heavy recliner couch in my basement that I want gone, but I don't have the manpower to get it out myself. It's in good shape and could be donated, I just don't want it anymore. It took us 4 or 5 people to get the damn thing inside.

Yes - if it's usable, Restore will pick up and give you a tax donation receipt. They usually request a small fee, maybe $15 to $20. Well worth it! Used them last year and the number was 301.737.6273.

They took a normal size couch from my basement (outside entrance) but only had two guys. Maybe yours is beyond their capability. Good luck!

acommondisaster

Facebook has a Southern Maryland Freecycle group, too. if it's in good shape and you want it gone asap, I'm pretty sure you can have it out of there as fast as you want. Just be sure to specify that they need to bring the manpower to move it. I've had 3 sofabeds picked up the day after I posted them on the freecycle group and I never lifted anything heavier than a cushion or two because I'd have felt strange just standing around watching them.

pelers

Habitat is going to come pick it up for me. They were okay with it being in the basement because it's a walk out basement.