local computer repair?

RidgeChick

I have a few computer issues that I need to have resolved. One involves a MacBook - the other 2 are PC's (2 different machines). Can anyone recommend a local service? Preferably that will come to my home....Thanks in advance!

Urbanite

I have a few computer issues that I need to have resolved. One involves a MacBook - the other 2 are PC's (2 different machines). Can anyone recommend a local service? Preferably that will come to my home....Thanks in advance!

I must tell you that I don't know anything about computers but when my mom was having problems with her laptop, I ran it up to Best Buy - Geek Squad in California and they had it fixed and back to me in one day, I was pleasantly surprised, so you may want to try them

FISHTAIL

Coordinating the Truth
What kind of repair? Software or hardware? There is (or was rather) a computer repair shop in the dorf right across from corner liquors. Not sure if they are still there though, and I've never used them so I can't comment on service.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I used 301 Computers on Rt 301 in Waldorf (shopping center that has the Roy Rogers). The guy not only fixed my laptop fast, the cost was low too! Of course I took my laptop to him, not sure if they do in-home work.

301 Computers
2724 Crain Hwy, Waldorf, MD 20601
(301) 638-0240

RidgeChick

Thanks! I was hoping for Lexington Park, but numbers and addresses noted. Hardware problems, fans etc. And I am clueless really about that stuff :(

Popster

This guy is fantastic. Quick turn around, great prices, competent!

Hunter's Bits & Bytes
22628 Joan Drive
California, MD

(240) 210-0306

RidgeChick

Thank you much, I will be calling him regarding my desktop PC. I took my MacBook into BestBuy - their prices are ridiculous - AND their salesman was rude. I was looking at laptops. I bought a new charger for the Mac - and then went to WalMart and got a great employee (I know, how ODD!) who was super helpful. Walked out with a HP TouchSmart Sleekbook for under $300. I was very leery of the HP - having heard so many bad things regarding their cheap manufacture. But got home, got it up and running - read some online reviews (this one got pretty good marks) and been running it thru its paces. It won't run my games but seems stable, and dependable for work and browsing, etc. Retailed originally for $649. Pleased. :)

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Walked out with a HP TouchSmart Sleekbook for under $300. I was very leery of the HP - having heard so many bad things regarding their cheap manufacture. But got home, got it up and running - Texas court throws out 'upskirt' photo law It won't run my games but seems stable, and dependable for work and browsing, etc. Retailed originally for $649. Pleased. :)

:yay: good for you !!!

honestly you get what you pay for ..
... if you buy are car at Yugo Prices, you get a Yugo .... and it will last as long as a Yugo
... if you spend more and get a Camry or Prelude .... it will last longer

IMHO: if you want a computer / laptop that lasts longer look at business class units ...
... we use HP Elitebook series here at work, and they last 5 - 7 yrs, although we now replace them every 3 yrs ....

I have one that was in a fire, the LCD Frame was heavily melted ... most everything worked after drying out for 6 months, the screen was dark but viewable, the webcam worked but was smoked out .... I got the hard drive replaced under warranty it works great

ofc I think this is an usual circumstance, the office the unit came from, the wall next to the desk where the laptop was sitting was the point of ignition in an electrical outlet .... the wall was destroyed and the ceiling as well

about that Mac book ...

RidgeChick

:yay: good for you !!!

honestly you get what you pay for ..
... if you buy are car at Yugo Prices, you get a Yugo .... and it will last as long as a Yugo
... if you spend more and get a Camry or Prelude .... it will last longer

IMHO: if you want a computer / laptop that lasts longer look at business class units ...
... we use HP Elitebook series here at work, and they last 5 - 7 yrs, although we now replace them every 3 yrs ....

I have one that was in a fire, the LCD Frame was heavily melted ... most everything worked after drying out for 6 months, the screen was dark but viewable, the webcam worked but was smoked out .... I got the hard drive replaced under warranty it works great

ofc I think this is an usual circumstance, the office the unit came from, the wall next to the desk where the laptop was sitting was the point of ignition in an electrical outlet .... the wall was destroyed and the ceiling as well

about that Mac book ...

? about the mac?

I've had 2 laptops worked on by Chesapeake PC in Leonardtown. Can't say what kind of experiences other folks have had with them, but they did an excellent job both times and time and costs were very reasonable. They were located next door to that antique store on Rt. 5 right before the Breton Bay turn off, but, it looks like they might have moved to the Leonardtown Center on Merchant Lane.

dbonn20

Maryland Computer Service: https://www.facebook.com/MarylandComputerService/info.

If you're still looking for help... I'm not sure if they do residential or just business, but worth a call? I personally know the owner and can vouch for these guys. They're local (Southern MD). Just mention my screenname here and it may help you out...or it may not. But worth a shot. :)