Smeco

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Have you looked at your Bill WTH
Standard Offer Service - Price to compare for electricity supply
Energy Charge 2,176.00 kWh x $0.0861 187.35
Power Cost Adj - Energy 2,176.00 kWh x $-0.001831 (3.98)
Total $183.37
Distribution Service
Facilities Charge 8.60
Distribution Charge 2,176.00 kWh x $0.03606 78.47 ( Want is this)
Bill Stabilization Adjustment 2,176.00 kWh x $0.004387 9.55 (and this)
EmPOWER Maryland Charge 2,176.00 kWh x $0.0062 13.49 ( and this):lalala:Total $110.11
Regulatory, State, and Local Taxes
Public Serv. Co. Franchise Tax 2,176.00 kWh x $0.00062 1.35
Electric Universal Service Charge 0.36
St. Mary's County Energy Tax 2.29
MD Environmental Surcharge 2,176.00 kWh x $0.000149 0.32
Total $4.32
Total Current Charges $297.80

And send your Pay ment to Atlanta, GA Want the hell is this Not very Happy on this :-(
And they're still cheaper than others. Better service too.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
2000 sq. ft. house.

Rate: Residential Service / Summer
Billing Period - 32 days: From 07/18/14 to 08/19/14
Meter Number:
On 0 8 / 1 9 / 1 4 y o u r m e t e r r e a d i n g w a s : 9444
On 0 7 / 1 8 / 1 4 y o u r m e t e r r e a d i n g w a s : 8788
Mete r M u l t i p l ie r : 1
You r t o t a l e n e r g y u s a g e ( k W h ) w a s : 656

Standard Offer Service - Price to compare for electricity supply
Energy Charge 656.00 kWh x $0.0861 56.48
Power Cost Adj - Energy 656.00 kWh x $0.010014 6.57
Total $63.05
Distribution Service
Facilities Charge 8.60
Distribution Charge 656.00 kWh x $0.03606 23.66
Bill Stabilization Adjustment 656.00 kWh x $0.00254 1.67
EmPOWER Maryland Charge 656.00 kWh x $0.0062 4.07
Total $38.00
Regulatory, State, and Local Taxes
Public Serv. Co. Franchise Tax 656.00 kWh x $0.00062 0.41
Electric Universal Service Charge 0.36
St. Mary's County Energy Tax 0.79
MD Environmental Surcharge 656.00 kWh x $0.000149 0.10
Total $1.66
Total Current Charges $102.71

mamatutu

mama to two
It depends on the house. We have done many Smeco recs like the controllable thermostat, home evaluation, trade in for better appliances and lightbulbs. Our rating in our neighborhood went down from 87 out of 100 to the good, to 35 out of 100 to the good over about 3 years. IMO, Smeco is not bad in its pricing. Just wait if Obama really gets his hands on shutting down energy sources such as coal, spouting ridiculous things about global warming, and mandating his clueless policies.

I did want to ask a question. I saw that Chalk Point may be shut down. How will that impact our power sources? I love how many engineers we have this forum that are good at explaining stuff that my brain doesn't want to ponder. :lol: TIA

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
It depends on the house. We have done many Smeco recs like the controllable thermostat, home evaluation, trade in for better appliances and lightbulbs. Our rating in our neighborhood went down from 87 out of 100 to the good, to 35 out of 100 to the good over about 3 years. IMO, Smeco is not bad in its pricing. Just wait if Obama really gets his hands on shutting down energy sources such as coal, spouting ridiculous things about global warming, and mandating his clueless policies.

I did want to ask a question. I saw that Chalk Point may be shut down. How will that impact our power sources? I love how many engineers we have this forum that are good at explaining stuff that my brain doesn't want to ponder. :lol: TIA

So, you compete with your neighbors to lower your electric bill?

mamatutu

mama to two
So, you compete with your neighbors to lower your electric bill?

Who doesn't want to lower their electric bill? Are you under Smeco? They send out a comparison report every few months or so. That is why I know my stats as compared to my neighborhood. And, yes we want to improve our house as far as energy consumption. I am one of the ones that when the red light is on to alert to high usage, that I do laundry and dishwasher late at night to not overload the system.

Are you being serious, or are you just pickin'? :lol:

A question for you, DW. Do you recycle, repurpose, or try to make something out of nothing? I try to do my part. That's all.

Last edited:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Who doesn't want to lower their electric bill? Are you under Smeco? They send out a comparison report every few months or so. That is why I know my stats as compared to my neighborhood.

I don't give a F what my neighbor pays.
I use what I want to use.

mamatutu

mama to two
I don't give a F what my neighbor pays.
I use what I want to use.

Ok. We use what we want to use, as well, we just try to do it better. You missed my edit which was a question to you. If it is not too much trouble, could you answer it, please? Here it is:

A question for you, DW. Do you recycle, repurpose, or try to make something out of nothing? I try to do my part. That's all.

Blister

This link to Smeco's website pretty much explains every charge/credit applied to your bill.

http://smeco.com/yourAccount/aboutTheSmecoBill.aspx

The taxes and some fees are mandated by our beloved Government, Smeco does not control or get to keep this revenue. Charles and Calvert don't have any energy tax, yet.

On MaMa's comment, she is correct. The only way you can control your bill is to control your kwh usage.
Unless the OP is living large in a big house 2200kwh seems somewhat high for this time of year. But like DoWhat said use what you like but don't bitch about it costing too much.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I feel your pain. My last bill, my actual bill was $170. After all my unwilling mandatory donations and taxes my bill was $282.

I can't imagine how those with a very limited income are handling this uptick.

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
I feel your pain. My last bill, my actual bill was $170. After all my unwilling mandatory donations and taxes my bill was $282.

I can't imagine how those with a very limited income are handling this uptick.

Have you seen their new facility in Hughesville? It's as big as a airport and pretty lavish inside

glhs837

Power with Control
And dont forget the freaking solar farm, that sucker had to cost some. We are always off the scale compared to neighbors. But I'll bet very few of them have six grown people living in a house.

tommyjo

This link to Smeco's website pretty much explains every charge/credit applied to your bill.

http://smeco.com/yourAccount/aboutTheSmecoBill.aspx

On MaMa's comment, she is correct. The only way you can control your bill is to control your kwh usage.

Absolutely false, there are additional ways to control your bill.

You can buy your electricity from any company you want. There are companies out there cheaper than Smeco. Electricity is now a commodity like oil and gas. Don't like Smeco, find a cheaper supplier.

You can purchase and install solar panels. You can contract to have panels installed but purchase the power instead of the panels.

Or you could follow the teachings of the Tea Party, completely disconnect and live like it is 1880.