Roger Goodell and Barack Obama...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
If Chris Stevens had smacked his wife instead of merely having been killed and Roger Goodell was President, people would be getting suspended left and right and Goodells job would be on the line, right now. The press would be importing extra pitchforks and torches to keep up with the demand.

If Barack Obama was NFL commissioner, woman would have to start wearing helmets while he went and played golf and the press said there was nothing to see here.

Interesting our priorities.

CrashTest

I wonder why some people think it's the NFL's job to raise awareness about domestic violence. How about the NFL raise awareness about personal responsibility.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I wonder why some people think it's the NFL's job to raise awareness about domestic violence. How about the NFL raise awareness about personal responsibility.

Simple. The NFL has monopoly status and therefore is a public accommodation as a practical matter. Same as the military, ie, a place for social experiments, awareness and change.

CrashTest

Simple. The NFL has monopoly status and therefore is a public accommodation as a practical matter. Same as the military, ie, a place for social experiments, awareness and change.

Then blame the antitrust division of congress for allowing the NFL to harbor wife beaters. Why stop with Goodell?

CrashTest

Congress grants the antitrust exemption. Holder roots out the violators. Maybe harboring wife beaters is a violation of antitrust. I'm sure Holder will be all over it.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Congress grants the antitrust exemption. Holder roots out the violators. Maybe harboring wife beaters is a violation of antitrust. I'm sure Holder will be all over it.

:gossip: Holder doesn't want to touch this one. All the offenders are non-white, non-hispanic. . . . Oh, the hell with it. They're all thugs!