The Baynet.com

Just had a chance to look at the "new" BayNet.com site. Anyone know where they got the 6th graders to design it? If this is not the finished product, then they probably shouldn't have made it live.

GW8345

Not White House Approved
Just had a chance to look at the "new" BayNet.com site. Anyone know where they got the 6th graders to design it? If this is not the finished product, then they probably shouldn't have made it live.
They used the same company that did the obamacare website.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Good point though I don't think Baynets business model relies as much on ambulance chasing as the smnewsnet business model, hence the reason I rarely look at smnewsnet - no ethics when it comes to posting accident scene pics IMO.

Baynet posts as many wrecks as the other one. Although it doesn't post as many mug shots.

MarieB

Good point though I don't think Baynets business model relies as much on ambulance chasing as the smnewsnet business model, hence the reason I rarely look at smnewsnet - no ethics when it comes to posting accident scene pics IMO.

I can't really say that I seek out one or the other, but I noticed some pics recently that I thought probably shouldn't have been published

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
They're all pathetic. The spelling & grammar are atrocious and one of them actually posted a years old pic of a kid being arrested over the story of this weeks bomb threats. The Sheriff's office posted a disclaimer on their site about it. Sad, very sad.

MarieB

They're all pathetic. The spelling & grammar are atrocious and one of them actually posted a years old pic of a kid being arrested over the story of this weeks bomb threats. The Sheriff's office posted a disclaimer on their site about it. Sad, very sad.

I agree

And I saw that with the bomb threat. Perhaps that's why the students think that a gun was found in a locker at school. Hopefully the school addresses this issue

mamatutu

mama to two
I am disappointed. I liked the old Baynet. It seems they have tried to compete with national news. I thought their purpose was local news. Their new website sucks. It does not capture my interest at all. I will not be looking at their website again, unless they change. My pattern was looking at Baynet, somdnewsnet, and somd news. Baynet is now eliminated, as far as I am concerned.

Also, I used to have The Recorder delivered, but stopped after children grown. Now, they have a limit on articles viewed online, or you have to subscribe. These papers are helping to phase themselves out during the internet explosion as far as news.

Last edited:

TPD

the poor dad
I am disappointed. I liked the old Baynet. It seems they have tried to compete with national news. I thought their purpose was local news. Their new website sucks. It does not capture my interest at all. I will not be looking at their website again, unless they change. My pattern was looking at Baynet, somdnewsnet, and somd news. Baynet is now eliminated, as far as I am concerned.

The new Baynet site does not play well with my gen 1 iPad.

Salvador

One Nation Under God

:popcorn:

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
The BayNet does more Calvert news while it looks like SOMDNEWSNET is focused more on St. Mary's and Charles. SoMDNews is the internet arm of the Recorder and the other two papers, the Enterprise and Independent (not to be confused with the now defunct Calvert Independent).

CrashTest

I was on my high school newspaper staff. Baynet doesn't even adhere to Journalism 101 basics that we learned publishing a high school newspaper.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Links?