Great weather for county fair weekend!

TPD

the poor dad
No mud in the parking lot, not too hot or too cold. But damn - didn't this bring the crowds today?!

dave1959

We went yesterday afternoon, largest crowd I've seen in years for the horse pull. It was a great evening.

phobos512

Went Friday...First time, since we didn't go for our first year last year. Was amazed at the amount of people. Sure wish there'd been more shade though. Temp was nice though. As were the funnel cakes. Don't exhale while you're trying to eat a big piece of funnel cake. Especially when you're wearing black.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
We just got back. I hate the county fair, always have, but something really nice happened today. My son has autism and doesn't quite understand that you don't always win at the various "games". He wanted to try one that had a rifle thing that you shoot at balls. The guy in the booth was trying to explain what he had to do while I was digging out money. I heard him say just pull this trigger buddy, followed by good job and pick any prize on the top shelf (which were the largest). I don't think my son hit a thing but the man in the booth obviously figured out that something wasn't quite "normal". I thought he was incredibly kind and told him so. Still good people in the world.

Awww! I love it when things like that happen. :yay: That's the same carnival crew that will be at our fair next weekend. Thing1 goes with a group of his peers on Thursday, I believe. I'm not even sure I will make the fair this year, as I typically won't go near it unless I have to (with the kids) until Sunday. This year, I will be playing my first golf game on Sunday. :cartwheel

kinmd

The best portion of a good man's life is his little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and of love.

William Wordsword

SamSpade

We just got back. I hate the county fair, always have, but something really nice happened today. My son has autism and doesn't quite understand that you don't always win at the various "games". He wanted to try one that had a rifle thing that you shoot at balls. The guy in the booth was trying to explain what he had to do while I was digging out money. I heard him say just pull this trigger buddy, followed by good job and pick any prize on the top shelf (which were the largest). I don't think my son hit a thing but the man in the booth obviously figured out that something wasn't quite "normal". I thought he was incredibly kind and told him so. Still good people in the world.

I did that one with my kids too. My son doesn't quite get that booths where you "win something" (he doesn't like rides) have a higher likelihood of losing. Since this was a kid's thing with a popgun and a guaranteed prize, I took them all to that one.

I just wish that rides didn't cost so much. And I was a little peeved that kiddie rides where I had to accompany my smallest one, some operators required a ticket from me (even though there were lots of empty seats and no line). Since I bought wrist bands for the kids and nothing for me - there were rides we could not go on (I was not about to wait another fifteen minutes in line with all the kids just to buy enough tickets for me). All in all, I shelled out a hundred bucks and we didn't even buy food.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
This is a good post. I was going to post something bashing the carnies based on my experience with them Saturday afternoon until I read your post. I'm glad you got a good one. :yay:

JeJeTe

Happiness
I probably spent about $60 in food between dinner Friday night and lunch on Sunday and I don't regret a penny of it. #teamfatty

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I probably spent about $60 in food between dinner Friday night and lunch on Sunday and I don't regret a penny of it. #teamfatty
The funnel cakes were :yum: as were the cheese fries and nacho's from Jolly Gents.