Garage Door replacement in St marys

PeoplesElbow

Anyone recently have a garage door replaced? Who did it, what did it cost etc?

I have a 9x7 garage door from the 70's that could use replacing. I can buy a cheap 9x7 door at Lowes for about $300 but it doesnt come with new springs etc and I keep reading to leave the spring installation to professionals because they are dangerous.

Not looking for anything fancy or anything just better than this ugly 70's fiberglass door.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I've replaced my springs with no problems at all. Buy your Lowes door and the springs to go with it. Easy to install.

glhs837

Power with Control
Depends on the type of springs, really. If you have long springs the run along the edge of the door parallel to the door tracks, those are ones a DIY person could handle just fine. If you have the ones that live above the top edge of the door opening, those, unless you are a pretty handy person confident in your own skills, those can really hurt you bad. See, the first type, when the door is up, they are loose, not under tension, while the other kind always are, and the process of reliveing that tension can be tricky. An attention to detail person used to hazardous tasks could do it. but I wouldnt recommend it for most.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Depends on the type of springs, really. If you have long springs the run along the edge of the door parallel to the door tracks, those are ones a DIY person could handle just fine. If you have the ones that live above the top edge of the door opening, those, unless you are a pretty handy person confident in your own skills, those can really hurt you bad. See, the first type, when the door is up, they are loose, not under tension, while the other kind always are, and the process of reliveing that tension can be tricky. An attention to detail person used to hazardous tasks could do it. but I wouldnt recommend it for most.
Excellent point! I forgot about the torsion springs. I have the easy ones. I suppose he could buy the easy type.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Anyone recently have a garage door replaced? Who did it, what did it cost etc?

I have a 9x7 garage door from the 70's that could use replacing. I can buy a cheap 9x7 door at Lowes for about $300 but it doesnt come with new springs etc and I keep reading to leave the spring installation to professionals because they are dangerous.

Not looking for anything fancy or anything just better than this ugly 70's fiberglass door.

PE,
I highly recommend Lanham Garage Door Co.
301-855-7055
Chad lives in Lusby and has hooked me up a couple of times.
Good Luck.

http://www.lanhamgaragedoors.com/