Feeling underappreciated as a cop?

BOP

Here's a hint: it's not just an image problem.

http://www.dailydot.com/politics/thank-a-police-officer-day-backfires-on-twitter/

Public ire spilled over once again yesterday, with the 17th annual “Thank a Police Officer Day” going about as well as the #MyNYPD hashtag campaign did back in April. The observance, conceived and promoted under the banner of lawyer Andrew M. Hale’s Whole Truth Project, is meant to further that group’s aim of combating negative assumptions about cops.

Instead, social media users took the opportunity to reinforce those unflattering stereotypes.

mamatutu

mama to two
If it wasn't for cops, we would be worse off than we are. Mistakes are made, but can you imagine if there was no local law enforcement? Color us all dead. They are our shield, so to speak. The problem is there are more criminals than law enforcement. They are out numbered. Thank you to all that took the calling to try to protect us. The odds are against you. Your bravery is duly note, and appreciated beyond words.

Last edited:

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return
This is my favorite, :lol:

foo.jpg

itsrequired

I'm glad I work in a place where I am appreciated. On thank a police officer day I have a number of people randomly thank me.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
It's good for cops to appreciate other cops. Believe it or not, most people do appreciate others for the jobs they do. Takes just a few bad apples to ruin a lot of good produce, though, just like in the rest of society.

FollowTheMoney

If it wasn't for cops, we would be worse off than we are. Mistakes are made, but can you imagine if there was no local law enforcement? Color us all dead. They are our shield, so to speak. The problem is there are more criminals than law enforcement. They are out numbered. Thank you to all that took the calling to try to protect us. The odds are against you. Your bravery is duly note, and appreciated beyond words.
Do you really believe this BS propaganda that you wrote? Cops do not prevent crime. They respond after the fact and look all pretty and official standing at the scenes of crimes. "Law enforcement" has become nothing but legalized thuggery designed to keep the entire law abiding public in check. Where once there was community policing, there is now roving patrols of combat fatigue wearing intimidators. They are not carrying a gun to protect us, get that out of your head right now. You are only as safe as you make yourself to be safe. Prior to the vast expansion of "local law enforcement" the people did just fine with a sheriff in each county. People had the natural duty of looking out for their own and their neighbors. The sheriff was called on to take the bad guy, after the fact, to jail to be tried in court. At the Calvert County fair, did anyone see community policing by sheriffs deputies? Or did you see combat fatigue wearing intimidators?

mamatutu

mama to two
Do you really believe this BS propaganda that you wrote? Cops do not prevent crime. They respond after the fact and look all pretty and official standing at the scenes of crimes. "Law enforcement" has become nothing but legalized thuggery designed to keep the entire law abiding public in check. Where once there was community policing, there is now roving patrols of combat fatigue wearing intimidators. They are not carrying a gun to protect us, get that out of your head right now. You are only as safe as you make yourself to be safe. Prior to the vast expansion of "local law enforcement" the people did just fine with a sheriff in each county. People had the natural duty of looking out for their own and their neighbors. The sheriff was called on to take the bad guy, after the fact, to jail to be tried in court. At the Calvert County fair, did anyone see community policing by sheriffs deputies? Or did you see combat fatigue wearing intimidators?

It is not propaganda, it is my opinion. I think you might be a bit paranoid. I think police have to 'beef up their look' because crime is so rampant, and thugs have no fear. Can you imagine how much worse it would be without law enforcement? To me law enforcement presence is reassuring and comforting. And, know worries, we have plenty to defend ourselves (my family) if things go really bad. But, for now I choose to support and appreciate law enforcement for what they do to protect us.

Last edited:

Chris0nllyn

It is not propaganda, it is my opinion. I think you might be a bit paranoid. I think police have to 'beef up their look' because crime is so rampant, and thugs have no fear. Can you imagine how much worse it would be without law enforcement? To me law enforcement presence is reassuring and comforting. And, know worries, we have plenty to defend ourselves (my family) if things go really bad. But, for now I choose to support and appreciate law enforcement for what they do to protect us.

Crime is not rampant though.

Homeland

No, it's not; but not a day goes by you don't hear of robberies, stabbings, assaults etc..
Allowing citizens to more positively protect themselves; ie; carry a gun; would considerably cut those stories back.

Can you explain why it hasn't cut back crime in places like;
Miami, Jacksonville, Detroit, Pheonix, Atlanta, New Orleans, Indianapolis, and Philidelphia?

luvmygdaughters

Really...try living in a place like Iraq, If you think we have "intimidators" here.