Congratulations Jackhole!!!

SG_Player1974

Just wanted to say congratulations to the jackhole in the red Kia Soul that was going onto the base today. Of course, those who do go onto the base on the weekends KNOW that there is only one lane open and it is the left one. However, some people do not feel the need to wait their turn in the line of cars that usually accumulate in the left-most turn lane on 235. Of course, this jackhole was no different and rolled up in the right turn lane in an attempt to race past everyone to be first in line like an elementary school kid in line for lunch.

Well, in your feeble attempt to beat everyone off the light, you managed to strike the curb because your little Kia Soul cannot take the turn that fast and you lost your wheel cover as it hastily rolled towards the fence.

Thanks so much for being "that guy" and renewing my faith that the "I'm more important than you" mentality is alive and well.

SG_Player1974

lol, did he stop to get it?

Thats the most hilarious part....... NO!

He just kept barreling ahead so he could confirm his stupidity. I am guessing he figured he would grab it on the way out OR he was so oblivious he didn't even know it went flying off.

Loss of his wheel cover AND probably damage to his wheel and/or steering for a 30 second gain in time! Wasn't a young fast and furious type punk either.

Either way.... he had seen FAR too many hamster commercials :killingme

glhs837

Power with Control
Yep, you should never attempt that move unless your equipment and skills are up to the task :) If you are not 100% sure you can get up ahead without making others get out of your way, you should not do it.

I had to go on base this weekend. I do not work on base. I do not work in Lex. Park. I rarely go south of WalMart. I go on base maybe 3x a year.

I was in the right hand turn lane to turn into gate 1. I had no idea what gates were open, let alone what lanes at said gates, until I go to within visual distance of gate 1 and then within visual distance of the actual entrance point to I could see the lights over the lanes.

This was at 6:30 Saturday morning. I was the first vehicle to pull up to the light. Car behind me on 235 shot up on my bumper and pulled far left when we got to the turn lane, riding even with the back door of my suburban, thus blocking me into the right turn lane. No biggie, I just waited for the light to change, proceeded in my lane until I could see the lights and then signaled and moved left into the 1 lane that was open. No fuss, no muss.

Courtesy is a 2 way street.

Vince

Just wanted to say congratulations to the jackhole in the red Kia Soul that was going onto the base today. Of course, those who do go onto the base on the weekends KNOW that there is only one lane open and it is the left one. However, some people do not feel the need to wait their turn in the line of cars that usually accumulate in the left-most turn lane on 235. Of course, this jackhole was no different and rolled up in the right turn lane in an attempt to race past everyone to be first in line like an elementary school kid in line for lunch.

Well, in your feeble attempt to beat everyone off the light, you managed to strike the curb because your little Kia Soul cannot take the turn that fast and you lost your wheel cover as it hastily rolled towards the fence.

Thanks so much for being "that guy" and renewing my faith that the "I'm more important than you" mentality is alive and well.
See it every night trying to get home. Got to get in the line on 235 for the bridge and you always have one of those that has to be at the head of the line. They run all the way up to the light in the other lane and nose their vehicle in until someone lets them in line. They are so much more important than everyone else and have to be first.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I had to go on base this weekend. I do not work on base. I do not work in Lex. Park. I rarely go south of WalMart. I go on base maybe 3x a year.

I was in the right hand turn lane to turn into gate 1. I had no idea what gates were open, let alone what lanes at said gates, until I go to within visual distance of gate 1 and then within visual distance of the actual entrance point to I could see the lights over the lanes.

This was at 6:30 Saturday morning. I was the first vehicle to pull up to the light. Car behind me on 235 shot up on my bumper and pulled far left when we got to the turn lane, riding even with the back door of my suburban, thus blocking me into the right turn lane. No biggie, I just waited for the light to change, proceeded in my lane until I could see the lights and then signaled and moved left into the 1 lane that was open. No fuss, no muss.

Courtesy is a 2 way street.

people ASS U ME everybody knows the lane closures during the weekends and mid day. Rarely, if ever, do I go off base during the day and return. So I have no knowledge if the right lane or left lane is closed. I've seen both open,, and other times the right closed. With the curve of the road and the trees you can't see the signal light on the building until you are close. People will not let you in either. Which is why I don't patronize local businesses. I just don't have the time to be bothered with the traffic.

MMM_donuts

See it every night trying to get home. Got to get in the line on 235 for the bridge and you always have one of those that has to be at the head of the line. They run all the way up to the light in the other lane and nose their vehicle in until someone lets them in line. They are so much more important than everyone else and have to be first.

Aand someone always let's them in!! :cds::cds::cds:

Roll the big gate over the right lane so you can't use it? :shrug:

Yeah, nebermind.... it would be a fuster cluck trying to beat each other thru the gate, and then they'd zoom to the right lane anyway after the gate.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
That still will not stop people from driving to the front and waiting to be let in.

Sad, but true...

When coming back on base during non-peak hours, I always assume only one lane is open and stay in the left lane until I can see the lights. If the right lane is open, then I'll merge right when it's safe to do so.

Last edited:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
I just don't understand why people are in such a rush to get to work.

I say "f" it, and I will get there when I get there.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I've often thought they should have repeaters for the lane closure signals out by 235.

me too, probably should put them on GM road as well so people heading towards gate 2 know if the right lane is closed or open before they get to 235

It certainly would be nice to know if the lane was closed before you hit the stopped traffic.
Because it's rather stupid to line up single file to get through a timed light when you have multiple lanes - that's just going to back traffic up 235 (like it does in the morning).

glhs837

Power with Control
"Caution!!!! When red lane closed light is lit, pop up tire shredders are randomly activated. "