Ford Escape

LJ1999

A friend of mine is in the market for a used 2012 Ford Escape. She found 2 over the weekend that were advertised as 4 Wheel Drive but when they went to the dealerships, they were told that they were not 4 wheel drive. Then before leaving the dealership they were told that Ford no longer advertises any of its vehicles as 4 wheel drive and that they have made them all AWD but don't list that either and that the models they looked at actually were AWD but that it isn't called AWD anymore.

Now here husband thinks they are just being scammed.

Anyone know anything about Ford dropping 4WD and AWD as a term?

glhs837

Power with Control
A friend of mine is in the market for a used 2012 Ford Escape. She found 2 over the weekend that were advertised as 4 Wheel Drive but when they went to the dealerships, they were told that they were not 4 wheel drive. Then before leaving the dealership they were told that Ford no longer advertises any of its vehicles as 4 wheel drive and that they have made them all AWD but don't list that either and that the models they looked at actually were AWD but that it isn't called AWD anymore.

Now here husband thinks they are just being scammed.

Anyone know anything about Ford dropping 4WD and AWD as a term?

B.S. the following text was just seconds ago copied from Fords 2015 Escape website..........

"Available Intelligent 4WD System
The available Intelligent 4WD System can help keep you in control in a variety of conditions."

Your friend should either learn for themselves or take a friend who can identify an AWD of 4wd vehicle

CrashTest

I have a 2014 Escape. It had intelligent AWD. There's a little TV screen on the dash that gives me real time info about what wheel(s) have power applied to them. I can't change anything or turn it "off" or "on". It is what it is and I can't change it.

Don't know about 2012. Major design for Escape was in 2013

CrashTest

Also want to add that for 2013 - 2015, the "base" model only has front wheel drive. No option to change it with the base model. Don't know about 2012.

LJ1999

I have a 2014 Escape. It had intelligent AWD. There's a little TV screen on the dash that gives me real time info about what wheel(s) have power applied to them. I can't change anything or turn it "off" or "on". It is what it is and I can't change it.

Thank you

R

rhenderson

Go to Kelly Blue Book or NAPA listings and look at Year/Make/Model. They should list with attributes/options available.

b23hqb

PREMO Member

I rented one of those last month at the airport in Canton/Akron, Oh. That dashboard was way too busy for me showing all those jet fighter-like cockpit displays. The vehicle was a good ride for three of us, drove well with some good pep, but a bit small for my taste.