Ammo pricing update

Vince

Yep, the prices are just OK, but the ones that have the prices I'm looking for are "Out of Stock." Ammoman is a bit more expensive. Freedomunitions usually has good bulk buys when you get about 500 rounds, but they are all sold out.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Who the hell uses .380???

gang bangers. For those $75 autos

I never see any data on the two calibers I use the most of: 7.62x25 and 7.62x54R. Neither of which ever got scarce or was really price-affected much during the "Big Ammo Scare"

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I never see any data on the two calibers I use the most of: 7.62x25 and 7.62x54R. Neither of which ever got scarce or was really price-affected much during the "Big Ammo Scare"

SMA76254R Russian 762x54R 149gr Light Ball $189.00/880 - .21 a round x2 440 round spam can

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
SMA76254R Russian 762x54R 149gr Light Ball $189.00/880 - .21 a round x2 440 round spam can

It's been there for a long while now. Even during the height of the panic I was getting that exact same ammo for $219 with free shipping... As far as I'm concerned, a round that is nearly equivalent to the .30-06 for less a quarter a pop, isn't too bad. I had to laff when the cost of the weenie .223 rounds was approaching a buck each during the worst of it...IF you could even get it. Now I see the "cheap stuff" .223 is back down in the same cost per round range as the surplus 7.62x54R.

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I had to laff when the cost of the weenie .223 rounds was approaching a buck each during the worst of it...IF you could even get it. Now I see the "cheap stuff" .223 is back down in the same cost per round range as the surplus 7.62x54R.

I would like to get a Dragunov or a respectable clone .....

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I would like to get a Dragunov or a respectable clone .....

Dragunovs have gone through the roof. 8 grand or more is not uncommon. The Romanian PSLs (what I have one of ) are still reasonable and have not climbed much in the last couple years. I've seen quite a few in nearly new condition, with the awesome POSP scope, go for around $1500-1700. The only thing I've added to mine since I bought it is a Harris lightweight bipod.

Pay attention to the number of mags that are offered with any deal. The PSL 10-rd mags (the only mag ever made for that rifle AFAIK) go for around $100 each, new.

Speaking of PSLs...it's been remarkable, to me, to see how many of those ISIS guys in the various videos, are carrying and shooting PSLs. Of course, those guys are shooting about everything that will chamber a 7.62x54R. I've seen RPDs, PK-Ms, UK-59s, SG-43s...its like those guys are toting around a freaking "history of belt-feed 7.62x54 Soviet automatic firearms" museum with them.

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
$ 100 bucks a mag ... :jameo:

gee I should stick with a M1A

actually I will just stick with my Type 53 Carbine and M39

As with everything...you gotta pay to play. There is a good reason why I don't own anything that fires .50 BMG...but I'd like to. :buddies:

Yeah it is cheaper online, If they are not out, but stores here seem well stocked, one give hair cuts sells guns and ammo :lol:

Vince

Yeah it is cheaper online, If they are not out, but stores here seem well stocked, one give hair cuts sells guns and ammo :lol:
I like it. Are the store prices about the same as the internet? Only ammo I've found is not out of stock is for my .223 and that stuff is cheap.

I stopped in Dick's on Sunday. They were out of .22LR, but the guy said "We've had it for the last 3 months or so, we're just out right now. Check back Tuesday." Apparently they get a regular shipment on Tuesday and Thursday.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I stopped in Dick's on Sunday. They were out of .22LR, but the guy said "We've had it for the last 3 months or so, we're just out right now. Check back Tuesday." Apparently they get a regular shipment on Tuesday and Thursday.

And I bet the same few idiots are buying it up and have 20,000 rounds at home already.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
interesting info. Apparently this is the next "control" that may be enforced in other states for the sake of "safety".

" By Dave Dolbee published on September 24, 2014 in Consumer Information

Did you know a handgun could expire? If not, you are probably not from California.

Effective January 1, 2001, no handgun may be manufactured within California, imported into California for sale, lent, given, kept for sale, or offered/exposed for sale unless that handgun model has passed firing, safety, and drop tests and is certified for sale in California by the Department of Justice. Private party transfers, curio/relic handguns, certain single-action revolvers, and pawn/consignment returns are exempt from this requirement."

http://blog.cheaperthandirt.com/handgun-expire/