key “stupid women” demographic

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Lena Dunham message aimed at the key “stupid women” demographic

As we get closer to the November elections, flopsweat is beginning to set in among Democrats. All evidence shows that not only are voters looking more favorably upon the GOP, whether from adherence to principle or abhorrence of Obama, and the intensity of GOP voters is much higher than that measured among potential Democrat voters. The only chance that the Democrats have in November is in convincing a demographic that is notoriously fickle in non-presidential years to show up to vote.

Enter Lena Dunham.

[clip]

She’s back and writing on a Planned Parenthood affiliated blog called “Women Are Watching.” Her latest attempt at relevance is called: 5 Reasons Why I Vote (and You Should Too). Somehow, Dunham managed to completely ignore the concept of “civic responsibility.” In fact, her five reasons can actually be boiled down to three: narcissism, free stuff and sex. Surprised, right?

And it leaves the reader with the inescapable conclusion that she, and Planned Parenthood, think young women are stupid.

Amused_despair

one comment about the article: What does it matter if the actress is unappealing? it is her opinions and actions in question, not her looks.

If an actress can get people to vote i say go for it, there are so many people who do not vote. The more people we have voting the better chance we have of the elected officials reflecting the people and not their special interest groups. Just think, if half of the people who didn't vote had voted for the Republican candidate in the last Presidential election, the Republican would have won.

I also do not undertsand the fascination with abortion. Why is it that those who are against preventing unplanned preganancies are so deadfast against supporting the unwanted babes after they are born? I would rather focus on the millions of Americans killed in traffic accidents and violent crime then the million or so abortions of babies that I really do not want to pay for for the rest of their lives. But if all life is sacred then it should be sacred after birth as well as before. if someone makes a mistake shoudl we ruin their entire lives for it? if they are willing to pay for the abortrion and go thru the tauma of having one then they are at least trying to fix a mistake they may or may not be responsible for (incest, rape, etc). If we are going to require girls and young women to have babies they are unable to care for then we either have to have a plan to take care of the children so that they do not become a drain of our society's resources. You say they should get married if they get pregnant? So we can add to the problems of broken households and domestic abuse? A marriage fromed because of an unwanted pregnancy is a marriage on a very shaky foundation. It is hard enough getting fathers to pay child support as it is these days, the weight of the problem of an unwanted pregagncy semes to fall mostly on the shoulders of the mother.

SamSpade

one comment about the article:

Just one?

Why is it that those who are against preventing unplanned preganancies are so deadfast against supporting the unwanted babes after they are born?

I haven't the faintest idea where THIS comes from. I've adopted three kids. I'm all for taking care of them afterward. If I were rich, I would do nothing else.

You may however have totally missed the point of the article - at least, the one *I* linked to - which was not to point out the utter vacuousness of the "actress".
It's true that she encourages people to vote for about the most juvenile reasons imaginable, virtually all of them related to her sex life and none of them having to do with citizenship. The writer observes (in my opinion, correctly) that voting is probably the minimal action a citizen can take to participate in the nation.

The point of the article was that if you take your cues from someone like this - or get your news from a comedian - then you probably are too dumb to even do this very least action of voting. What is at stake is more important than the reasons Dunham elaborates.

dontknowwhy

I also do not undertsand the fascination with abortion. Why is it that those who are against preventing unplanned preganancies are so deadfast against supporting the unwanted babes after they are born? .

This one you would have to ask a welfare momma. After all, she was the one too stupid or lazy to prevent her unplanned pregnancy. Because after all, an abortion doesn't PREVENT an unplanned pregnancy. It's a bad choice one is left with after not doing their due diligence to begin with, in preventing that unwanted pregnancy.

As for the second part...again, welfare mommas.
They chose to keep the bebes they can't afford but expect the rest of us to support them through the welfare system...all while refusing to give up the clubbing life, the chooming life, the GANG life.

To sum it up for you...WHY should I have to support some stupid broad & her multiple rugrats without even getting a blowjob from her for MY efforts in supporting HER kids when honestly, SHE had SEVERAL means of preventing her unwanted pregnancies???

Hijinx

Lena Dunham message aimed at the key “stupid women” demographic

As we get closer to the November elections, flopsweat is beginning to set in among Democrats. All evidence shows that not only are voters looking more favorably upon the GOP, whether from adherence to principle or abhorrence of Obama, and the intensity of GOP voters is much higher than that measured among potential Democrat voters. The only chance that the Democrats have in November is in convincing a demographic that is notoriously fickle in non-presidential years to show up to vote.

Enter Lena Dunham.

[clip]

She’s back and writing on a Planned Parenthood affiliated blog called “Women Are Watching.” Her latest attempt at relevance is called: 5 Reasons Why I Vote (and You Should Too). Somehow, Dunham managed to completely ignore the concept of “civic responsibility.” In fact, her five reasons can actually be boiled down to three: narcissism, free stuff and sex. Surprised, right?

And it leaves the reader with the inescapable conclusion that she, and Planned Parenthood, think young women are stupid.

” That’s 21st-century U.S. politics in miniature: a half-assed listicle penned by a half-bright celebrity and published by a gang of abortion profiteers.

Pretty much sums it up.