Caller ID Spoofing

ShyGirl

I just received a call and my own name and number showed up in Caller ID.

No words were spoken before the call was ended.

My telephone carrier took a complaint and encouraged me to contact the FCC to file a complaint.

They suggested that it was a telemarketer or a company doing pre-recorded messages.

They also suggested that it has been happening with more and more frequency.​

What bothers me is that I have an unlisted number, so the Caller ID usually shows the previous person that had the number.

unlisted

SMOOTHMARINE187

My telephone carrier took a complaint and encouraged me to contact the FCC to file a complaint.

They suggested that it was a telemarketer or a company doing pre-recorded messages.

What bothers me is that I have an unlisted number, so the Caller ID usually shows the previous person that had the number.

It was probably someone that knows you and was trying to mess with you. There are several apps that let you input any number you want and it will show up on caller ID.

frequentflier

happy to be living

The exact same thing happened to me a couple days ago...we also have an unlisted # but it has been ours for almost 10 years. We do get a lot of robo calls and other solicitations; which annoy the $hit out of me. We are supposed to be on a do not call list.

PeoplesElbow

I recently started getting a lot more. Recently I have been getting a ton of political calls, I asked Anthony Browns people if this was the moron who wasted the $30 million on the Maryland Healthcare site that was so messed up that they had to pay CT for their code? They hung up on me.

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
We've had it happen on our home phone and at work. Someone spoofed our office number and was calling around the agency offering retirement planning. We got a bunch of angry calls because folks thought we were transferring sales calls to them. It seems to have died off.

GopherM

Darwin was right
I had it show me calling myself on my landline also! The phone spammers are getting really crafty!

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces

My mom had this happen to her today.