GOP clown car has first occupant for 2016 ride: Ben Carson

Hijinx

Please explain your reasons for wanting such a ticket and why you refer to Dr./ Mr. Carson as a clown.

Amused_despair

Ben Carson seems to be very intelligent and has accomplished a lot in his career and life, these skills would probaly lend themselves well to being a President. he is a little too religious for my tastes when it comes to political leaders tho. I prefer to keep my religion at home and my politics in city hall. be nice if one of these politiicans would jsut admit that they are athiests and they are just out to get more power to feel good about themselves and take charge, and that they will do the best job they can because it brings more glory and adulation to them. I prefer an honest athiest to a hypocritical Christian when it comes to deciding if we buy butter or bullets with our tax dollars. Recent history has shown us what happens when we let a religion govern a country. whether it be Islam (Iran) or the religion of personal worship (North Korea).

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
LOL. What has Carson accomplished politically speaking? That's a rhetorical question.

What should any candidate have to have accomplished "politically speaking" to run for office? That sure was not a prerequisite for the current occupant of the WH.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
the funny thing is that the same people that beat up on obama for his lack of governing experience will stand up and hold Carson's greater lacking as a virtue.....

Quite different situation. Ole Barry had no experience accomplishing anything. Carson's accomplishments in his field are certainly well documented. Whether those accomplishments translate to "effective executive" is hard to say, but at least the man actually managed to achieve exceptional things.

NextJen

Raisin cane
Ben Carson seems to be very intelligent and has accomplished a lot in his career and life, these skills would probaly lend themselves well to being a President. he is a little too religious for my tastes when it comes to political leaders tho. I prefer to keep my religion at home and my politics in city hall. be nice if one of these politiicans would jsut admit that they are athiests and they are just out to get more power to feel good about themselves and take charge, and that they will do the best job they can because it brings more glory and adulation to them. I prefer an honest athiest to a hypocritical Christian when it comes to deciding if we buy butter or bullets with our tax dollars. Recent history has shown us what happens when we let a religion govern a country. whether it be Islam (Iran) or the religion of personal worship (North Korea).

However, our Founding Fathers were great men of faith, who established this country with the best documents ever written to govern a country and provided great leadership. They didn't check their faith at the door, and were constantly seeking and praying for guidance and wisdom from God. It worked pretty well back then.

Amused_despair

Actually they were for the most part Diests, Benjamin Franklin was well known at the time to not be a Christian and in fact told a priest friend of his who tried to convert him towards his death that he wwas close enough to finding out on his own which one of them was correct. George Washington was not known to be an avid church goer either.

H

Hodr

Please explain your reasons for wanting such a ticket and why you refer to Dr./ Mr. Carson as a clown.

I may be wrong, but I don't think the clown-car reference was intended to mean Mr. Carson is a clown. I took it to be a reference to the shuffling of "front-runner" status among the Republican candidates last election cycle. On the Dems side it was only ever going to be Obama or Hillary, but for a while it seemed like every week we were focused on a new Republican candidate (McCain, Cain, Huckabee, Perry, Santorum, Romney, Geingrich, Paul, Bachmann, etc.)

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return
I may be wrong, but I don't think the clown-car reference was intended to mean Mr. Carson is a clown. I took it to be a reference to the shuffling of "front-runner" status among the Republican candidates last election cycle. On the Dems side it was only ever going to be Obama or Hillary, but for a while it seemed like every week we were focused on a new Republican candidate (McCain, Cain, Huckabee, Perry, Santorum, Romney, Geingrich, Paul, Bachmann, etc.)

Don't bother. Nuance is lost on the stupid like High Jenks.

Amused_despair

I think that if James Webb enters the race for the Democrats it will make things interesting. He would be the only one of all the candidates listed with combat experience and the only one who served as a member of Ronald Reagan's administration. Do i think he can beat Clinton for the Democrat nomination? probably not, but weirder things have happened. I do like that he is not a hawk, similar to Rand Paul.