Bare Minerals eyeshadow

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Ugh. I love eyeshadow, neutrals in particular, but I rarely actually wear eyeshadow. I have a neutral palette that I'm not in love with - there are only two colors that I use - so now I want to get the BM eyeshadow palette so I can not use it.

:jameo:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Their eyeliner is a favorite of mine as well.
I've been using Bobbi Browns gel eyeliner in a dark brown color as a base, then I apply a medium/dark eyeshadow color to smooth it out. I don't like to have an eyeliner "line," but instead I like a softer look.

Most of my makeup is Arbonne. Their foundation is awesome!!! For the longest time I was using BM but last year I switched to Arbonne's liquid and LOVE it!

JeJeTe

Happiness
I've been using Bobbi Browns gel eyeliner in a dark brown color as a base, then I apply a medium/dark eyeshadow color to smooth it out. I don't like to have an eyeliner "line," but instead I like a softer look.

Most of my makeup is Arbonne. Their foundation is awesome!!! For the longest time I was using BM but last year I switched to Arbonne's liquid and LOVE it!

How does that eyeliner hold up? I'm not a fan of BM eyeliner. It seems to end up all over my face. My skincare and primer is Arbonne and I love it.

How does that eyeliner hold up? I'm not a fan of BM eyeliner. It seems to end up all over my face. My skincare and primer is Arbonne and I love it.

I'm not a fan of the liner either... or the mascara. I have never tried the pressed eyeshadow but the loose stuff gets everywhere. :ohwell:

To each their own. :coffee:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
It holds up pretty good. Usually about 4ish I can tell that it is slightly fading. And this is after my makeup at 5:30 am.

JeJeTe

Happiness
I'm not a fan of the liner either... or the mascara. I have never tried the pressed eyeshadow but the loose stuff gets everywhere. :ohwell:

To each their own. :coffee:

I like Benefits mascara. Don't remember if I've tried their eyeliner. But I did get the eyeliner you recommended last time, the Lorac. And I like it provided I have a steady hand to apply in the morning.

It holds up pretty good. Usually about 4ish I can tell that it is slightly fading. And this is after my makeup at 5:30 am.

Will definitely look into it! Thanks!

Idunno

I didn't like the old BM eye liner that was a powder, but the newer pencil long lasting liner works pretty well. I use a q-tip to smudge the line so I don't have that harsh line look. BM also now has a clear mascara sealer that can be used over ANY brand of mascara that keeps it from budging. Regular and waterproof mascara end up all over my face after a few hours, but with that sealer I can go all day without re doing the base makeup around my eyes. Comes off easy with a bit of olive or coconut oil too.

MMM_donuts

:nono: Oil gets trapped in your under eye lid. Always use OIL FREE eye makeup remover.

I agree wholeheartedly with this statement. I tried using oily makeup removers for years because they're cheaper, they work, and they're often more "natural" (coconut oil) but I'd find a lot of mascara beneath my eyes. I thought it was the mascara until I switched to an oil free eye makeup remover.

My very favorite one is the Equate brand comparative to Neutrogena Oil free eye makeup remover. I like it better than the actual Neutrogena one, even though it means I have to go to Wal-Mart to get it. I loved Bioderma Micellular, too, but there's no sense in paying that much for eye makeup remover when the Equate brand is available locally and like 8 times cheaper.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer

Ive wanted to try the arbonne, ive heard lots of raves about it. Ive been using the Bare minerals liquid serum foundation lately and i love it! not only is the color match great for me to look natural and even things out.. but it has absolutely erased the dark patches I had on my face from hormonal acne scarring. I didnt even realize that the serum part of the makeup even existed so I didnt even attribute it to the foundation until I caught a commercial for it. you have to buyt he brush though, it doesnt go on with hands or a beauty blender very well.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
My very favorite one is the Equate brand comparative to Neutrogena Oil free eye makeup remover. I like it better than the actual Neutrogena one, even though it means I have to go to Wal-Mart to get it.
I bought Neutrogena "oil free" without looking at the back of the bottle to see the ingredients. It does indeed contain oil. I'm having a very difficult time find true oil free stuff local.

MMM_donuts

I bought Neutrogena "oil free" without looking at the back of the bottle to see the ingredients. It does indeed contain oil. I'm having a very difficult time find true oil free stuff local.

Well, look at that. The Equate one does, too. I looked up the Bioderma and it has a little oil in it. Maybe "oil-free" is code for "a little bit of oil but not as much oil as straight baby oil."

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Well, look at that. The Equate one does, too. I looked up the Bioderma and it has a little oil in it. Maybe "oil-free" is code for "a little bit of oil but not as much oil as straight baby oil."

Most of the brands advertised as "oil free" contain oil. All you have to do is look at the back and decipher the language. Plus, if you shake the bottle you can clearly see that they contain oil.

I don't want that gunk getting in my eyes. It's not harmful but it will age you.