Michael Dunn Convicted Of Murder After Shooting Teen.....

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Source.

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) — A jury has found a Florida man guilty of first-degree murder for fatally shooting a teenager after an argument over loud music outside a Jacksonville convenience store. The jury reached its verdict Wednesday after more than five hours of deliberations.

Prosecutors say Michael Dunn shot with intent to kill when he fired 10 times into an SUV carrying 17-year-old Jordan Davis and three of his friends in November 2012. Dunn testified that he thought his life was in danger. Davis was from Marietta, Georgia. Dunn was convicted previously of three counts of attempted second-degree murder in February and already faces at least 60 years in prison."

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
They never found a gun in the car but they did leave the scene of the shooting. Plenty of time to ditch a gun if there was 1 in the car. Defense atty should have pounded on that point. The guy knows the truth of what happened. Either way he will pay with his life at his age.

itsrequired

They never found a gun in the car but they did leave the scene of the shooting. Plenty of time to ditch a gun if there was 1 in the car. Defense atty should have pounded on that point. The guy knows the truth of what happened. Either way he will pay with his life at his age.

Do you think there was a gun?

Monello

PREMO Member
Do you think there was a gun?

Dunn said he thought he saw a gun. The other side said there was no gun. It can't be both ways. I'm not sure either way. It would have been a way to create doubt in a jury as a defense strategy. Too late for that now.

itsrequired

Dunn said he thought he saw a gun. The other side said there was no gun. It can't be both ways. I'm not sure either way. It would have been a way to create doubt in a jury as a defense strategy. Too late for that now.

That didn't answer the question. Do YOU think there was a gun?

Larry Gude

Strung Out

What we do know is that no shots came from the SUV and the stupid son of a bytch let loose 10 rounds at a freaking gas station and murdered a kid.

One of the nearly 100% consistent virtues of the conceal carry person is they absolutely avoid confrontations, taking extra responsibility and care BECAUSE they are armed. They do NOT confront people, get in heated arguments over music or traffic altercations or go looking for trouble in any way.

This guy, it seems, is everything the anti gun crowd is looking for in terms of supporting their arguments against the 2nd amendment. As pro 2A as I am, it's not easy to make a case for firing off 10 rounds into a car at a gas station when no one shot at you.

Monello

PREMO Member
The guy had been drinking. He wasn't from the area. Found himself in a sketchy part of town. He thought there was a monster under the bed. Davis' friends testified that Davis was agitated. Dunn remained composed. Davis threatened to kill Dunn then goes into the car. At that point Dunn believes a gun is pointed at him. It was a perfect storm for things to escalate.

The booze & gun were a bad combo that day for sure. Davis' friends testified that he was agitated. Dunn remained composed. Davis threatened to kill Dunn

According to the other teens, Davis and Dunn continued to talk to each other, with Davis cursing and becoming "extremely upset" while Dunn remained relatively calm. Meanwhile, Stornes returned to the vehicle.

According to Dunn's testimony, Davis threatened to kill him, then opened his car door and pointed what appeared to be a shotgun at him. Dunn, who has a concealed weapons permit, took a handgun out of his glove compartment and started firing at Davis' door, hitting him in the legs, lungs, and aorta. As the SUV backed up to evade his gunshots, Dunn opened his own door and continued firing at the car, later testifying that he still feared for his safety as well as that of Rouer, who was to return to the vehicle imminently.

Investigators later searched the SUV and found no weapons. Dunn's attorney claimed that detectives did not search the area for a weapon for several days after the shooting.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Life plus the previous 60 years. Like it or not, the system did its job. He probably would have died in jail even without this second trial.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The booze & gun were a bad combo that day for sure. Davis' friends testified that he was agitated. Dunn remained composed. Davis threatened to kill Dunn

"According to Dunn's testimony, Davis threatened to kill him, then opened his car door and pointed what appeared to be a shotgun at him. Dunn, who has a concealed weapons permit, took a handgun out of his glove compartment and started firing at Davis' door, hitting him in the legs, lungs, and aorta."

If I go to my car after threatening to kill you and pull out a shotgun, how many shots am I going to get off before you can then get your pistol out of the glove box AND present it AND get off even one shot?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
That didn't answer the question. Do YOU think there was a gun?

Same question I posed to Mo; If I threaten to kill you, got get my shotgun and then you go for your glovebox and pull your piece and present it, how many shots am I gonna get off before you can get off one? Unless you shoot me BEFORE I take aim at you, :shrug:

Monello

PREMO Member
This is a good example for why it's best to be polite when out in society.

Monello

PREMO Member
you are right, if the old guy had been polite he wouldn't have ended up murdering an unarmed 'yut' and be spending the rest of his life in prison

The guy is in prison for a bad decision he made while drunk. The kid might still be here if he just turned down the music or didn't threaten to kill anyone. I'm not condoning the shooting, just pointing out that behaviors have consequences. Sometimes deadly consequences.