Perpetually offended

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I wonder if the president was half pissed off about this.

Critics quickly pounced on the watermelon aspect of the cartoon, arguing the cartoonist was playing off a stereotype that African Americans are particularly fond of the fruit.

By3kAXUIEAAxBXP.jpg

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/01/politics/boston-herald-cartoon/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

mamatutu

mama to two
Watermelon is a great flavor. Obama is president of himself. He would be offended no matter what is said. His ego is bigger than the world. And, the chip on his shoulder is bigger than the universe. How this man became president is beyond my comprehension. I know, it is NWO, and all, but we are the strongest country in the world. How did this happen?

No one should have to apologize for Obama's behavior, except Obama. That will never happen. This presidency has really taken a toll on my outlook on America's future. Oh, and I love watermelon, fried chicken, and greens, too! Also, I have black ancestry; in addition to Scot, French, German, and Native American. Obama makes me sick. He is the adverse that America is and all that we have fought for. I hope his karma is a good one!

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
That's the nice thing about the perpetually offended; if you're not offended, they'll do it for you.

Bush was labeled 'chimp' any number of times, in pictures, comments, etc, in a clear attempt to insult him as lesser, as an animal, as a chimp, by the very same people who are outraged at the same treatment of Obama. Intellectual inconsistency isn't reasonable. It is one thing to be able to discern a difference such as arguing that we ought to be a little more sensitive in our jokes because of skin color or some other distinguishing characteristic with this person over that one but, if one thinks it's funny to label Bush a chimp and not Obama, that's not an intellectual argument. It's just bias.

We've been handed down wisdom over the years; what's good for the goose is good for the gander, depends on whose ox is being gored and so forth. We are, of course, free to ignore wisdom but, that doesn't form much of a basis for arguing intellectually superiority. Which, in and of itself, is a WHOLE other can of worms.

"We and our joke are superior to you and yours..." and then turn right around and argue against superiority? Based on what? Skin color? Incomplete sensitivity? Or, again, simple bias?

tommyjo

Watermelon is a great flavor. Obama is president of himself. He would be offended no matter what is said. His ego is bigger than the world. And, the chip on his shoulder is bigger than the universe. How this man became president is beyond my comprehension. I know, it is NWO, and all, but we are the strongest country in the world. How did this happen?

No one should have to apologize for Obama's behavior, except Obama. That will never happen. This presidency has really taken a toll on my outlook on America's future. Oh, and I love watermelon, fried chicken, and greens, too! Also, I have black ancestry; in addition to Scot, French, German, and Native American. Obama makes me sick. He is the adverse that America is and all that we have fought for. I hope his karma is a good one!

0 +1 =1 is beyond your comprehension.

THIS Presidency has "taken a toll on your outlook for America's future"??? Then you must be 5 years old. Mr. Nixon resigned in disgrace. Mr. Ford was a bumbling idiot who pardoned Nixon and opened deep chasms in this country. Then came Mr. Carter, the 70's Mr. Obama. Mr. Carter was another bumbling idiot, lousy leader who didn't do much to make Americans feel better. Then came Reagan, a great leader and charismatic individual...whose administration started us down the path of tax cuts for the wealthy and massive spending increases...who fueled the debt during boom times like no one before or since. Mr. Bush 41...failed to finish the job in Iraq and so we have had to go back...still would have liked to see him have a 2nd term.

Mr. Clinton...another charismatic individual and great politician...if he could have only kept it in his pants. Mr. Bush 43...jesus what a CF his administration was and continues to be...he inherited a budget that should have resulted in massive SURPLUSES by the end of his 2 terms. Instead he turned it into a massive debt. Iraq. Katrina. The failure to regulate the mortgage and derivative industries. Tax cuts. Medicare Part D. In response to that catastrophe we get stuck with Mr. Obama. A rudderless leader with no political skill.

Of all that, only Mr. Obama takes a toll on your outlook? So you must be 5.

By the way...I don't thing "adverse" means what you think it does.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

THIS Presidency has "taken a toll on your outlook for America's future"??? Then you must be 5 years old. Mr. Nixon resigned in disgrace. Mr. Ford was a bumbling idiot who pardoned Nixon and opened deep chasms in this country. Then came Mr. Carter, the 70's Mr. Obama. Mr. Carter was another bumbling idiot, lousy leader who didn't do much to make Americans feel better. Then came Reagan, a great leader and charismatic individual...whose administration started us down the path of tax cuts for the wealthy and massive spending increases...who fueled the debt during boom times like no one before or since. Mr. Bush 41...failed to finish the job in Iraq and so we have had to go back...still would have liked to see him have a 2nd term.

Mr. Clinton...another charismatic individual and great politician...if he could have only kept it in his pants. Mr. Bush 43...jesus what a CF his administration was and continues to be...he inherited a budget that should have resulted in massive SURPLUSES by the end of his 2 terms. Instead he turned it into a massive debt. Iraq. Katrina. The failure to regulate the mortgage and derivative industries. Tax cuts. Medicare Part D. In response to that catastrophe we get stuck with Mr. Obama. A rudderless leader with no political skill.

And how are we doing on this fine morning? Feeling a little offended? This seems to be a recurring theme... :lol:

Bush 41 did not fail to finish the job in Iraq. He accomplished exactly what he set out to do; reduce the capabilities of Sadam's war machine. And Bush did the resolution trust corp, which is what TARP shoulda been; fix the problem, not kick it down the road. As for the rest, you're pretty much spot on although calling Obama 'rudderless' implies his inner tube of an intellect is big enough for a rudder...

Freefaller

Just a few simple questions for you.

1. After President Reagan cut Taxes, what happened to the amount of revenue coming into the Federal govt.?
2. During Reagans administration, who controlled congress? Democrats or Republicans?

PeoplesElbow

I am sorry Ford was a much better man than anyone gave him credit for. his biggest problem was that he was clumsy as all get out and thus always tripping and falling down etc.

When he pardoned Nixon he knew he would never be re-elected but he did it in hopes that the nation would move on and it did get the healing process going faster.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I am sorry Ford was a much better man than anyone gave him credit for. his biggest problem was that he was clumsy as all get out and thus always tripping and falling down etc.

When he pardoned Nixon he knew he would never be re-elected but he did it in hopes that the nation would move on and it did get the healing process going faster.

Yup. Gerry Ford put country before self.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Mr. Bush 41...failed to finish the job in Iraq and so we have had to go back...

The objective of Desert Shield & Desert Storm was to liberate Kuwait. The objective was met, so we came home.

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
And how are we doing on this fine morning? Feeling a little offended? This seems to be a recurring theme... :lol:

Bush 41 did not fail to finish the job in Iraq. He accomplished exactly what he set out to do; reduce the capabilities of Sadam's war machine. And Bush did the resolution trust corp, which is what TARP shoulda been; fix the problem, not kick it down the road. As for the rest, you're pretty much spot on although calling Obama 'rudderless' implies his inner tube of an intellect is big enough for a rudder...

Personally, I think you nailed it, but expecting our resident hit & run troll to respond intelligently is like waiting for Christmas in October.