Flood

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
WTF?? Slick cam out....but a third of the island is under water and it's still coming up for another hour and a half, according to the tide table. Tide right at about 3.3'....

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Attachments

• Optimized-flooded.jpg
    Optimized-flooded.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 303
Last edited:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
You use way more water than you need for your yard.

Grab you fishing rod and tackle box, and meet me at Gilligan's place. I hear his front yard is producing perch in the 11" range.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
You use way more water than you need for your yard.

Can I get fined for that?

*sigh* So the neighbors had a big ole nasty maple taken down a couple months ago and had the tree guys cut a lot of it up in firewood lengths and pile it at the edge of their yard.

I now have a lot of nice maple firewood in my yard. It's rather well spread out....

Last edited:
We're in another blood moon cycle. Flood warnings were posted for this area.

Sorry, Gilligan. Looks like a mess.

Dutch6

"Fluffy world destroyer"
Can I get fined for that?

*sigh* So the neighbors had a big ole nasty maple taken down a couple months ago and had the tree guys cut a lot of it up in firewood lengths and pile it at the edge of their yard.

I now have a lot of nice maple firewood in my yard. It's rather well spread out....
Well, wait 5 days and call me in the morning. The maple now belongs to you. Time for smores (after it dries of course)

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
We're in another blood moon cycle. Flood warnings were posted for this area.

Sorry, Gilligan. Looks like a mess.

Other than the arrival of the neighbor's woodpile...we're used to this. After the yard dries out, we pull out the backhoe/loader and the small dump trailer behind the JD and proceed to clean up all the debris that settles at the high water mark. Takes half a day.

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
WTF?? Slick cam out....but a third of the island is under water and it's still coming up for another hour and a half, according to the tide table. Tide right at about 3.3'....

Slick cam out = nice Smith Island term :buddies:

Maybe i need to rethink my marsh land i just bought in Ga....

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Other than the arrival of the neighbor's woodpile...we're used to this. After the yard dries out, we pull out the backhoe/loader and the small dump trailer behind the JD and proceed to clean up all the debris that settles at the high water mark. Takes half a day.

Let us know if Jimmy Hoffa floats up.

TPD

the poor dad
The extra high tides and slick cam waters were ordered for the boat race in Solomons this weekend - big boats have a bigger draft! Unfortunately, I have neither...

So_what

Yes I'm an MPD, But who's
Made 2 mistakes Friday night. Went out to the island to go to the Ruddy Duck. Roadway was already 1/2 under water going out and fully underwater returning. Had to stop at the car wash on the way home to get the salt water off of the car. Dinner was meh and wayyy over priced. Won't be going back out that way again anytime soon.