Gave Wal-Mart a chance

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Came to Wal Mart and gave them a chance to earn my business.. their synthetic oil change is about 1/2 of Jiffy Lube, so figured worth the shot.. asked them for the oil change/service and rotate and balance tires..

Two hours (or is it three?) I'm still sitting here.

More then worth the money to use Jiffy Lube and get 3 hours of my life back.

TPD

the poor dad
I thought you were an educated man....

Wait, maybe it's the wife posting under your name.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Came to Wal Mart and gave them a chance to earn my business.. their synthetic oil change is about 1/2 of Jiffy Lube, so figured worth the shot.. asked them for the oil change/service and rotate and balance tires..

They didn't earn your business, they "bought" your business.

You get what you pay for .......

FED_UP

I make arrangements about 95% of the time too not sit and wait no matter where I take the car too, or be there before they even open to be close to first in line.

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They want you to shop and then shop some more :lmao:

tommyjo

Takes about 20 minutes to change oil yourself. Who in their right mind pays someone else to change their oil? Then COMPLAINS about how long it takes ON A SATURDAY?????

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Takes about 20 minutes to change oil yourself. Who in their right mind pays someone else to change their oil? Then COMPLAINS about how long it takes ON A SATURDAY?????

Inorite? You "changed my oil" a lot faster than that, sweetie.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
The same type that would waste her time replying to same thread maybe?

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron

I do, because they do it cheaper than I can buy the oil and filter from the store.

dave1959

I do all my own work, but I rarely do an oil change unless it is in conjunction with something else. The difference between doing myself and someone else less than 10.00 .
It's worth ten bucks to let someone else do it.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

20 minutes, though I agree I can do it pretty quickly myself.. yet driving somewhere to get the oil and filter, buying them, driving home with them, then disposing of the used oil and filter would alone take a couple hours.. have to admit you're partially right.. if like WalMart I had all the supplies on hand, a lift, pneumatic tools and a commercial balancer and a disposal service that disposed of the used oil for me I think the job MAY have taken an entire 30 minutes.

PeoplesElbow

Jiffy Lube is crap too, a few years ago they tried to tell me that my car was due to have a radiator flush, I looked in the manual it said nothing of the sort so I told them no. They already started to flush the radiator, to do it they actually cut a hose. I didn't realize this until about a year later I kept having coolant leak so I took the car in thinking the problem was in the radiator and they told me there was a non-Toyota Jerry-Rigged on the radiator.

Curious did you ask how long it would be before you decided to have the oil change done?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Jiffy Lube is crap too, a few years ago they tried to tell me that my car was due to have a radiator flush, I looked in the manual it said nothing of the sort so I told them no. They already started to flush the radiator, to do it they actually cut a hose. I didn't realize this until about a year later I kept having coolant leak so I took the car in thinking the problem was in the radiator and they told me there was a non-Toyota Jerry-Rigged on the radiator.

Curious did you ask how long it would be before you decided to have the oil change done?
Didn't ask, but it the time there was one car lined up for an oil change a the bay door..

Haven't had an issue with Jiffy Lube other than the price.. and don't think they would do the tires

PeoplesElbow

Didn't ask, but it the time there was one car lined up for an oil change a the bay door..

Haven't had an issue with Jiffy Lube other than the price.. and don't think they would do the tires

Cheseldine right in front of Walmart is great as is Hewitts.

A friend of mine swears by T and T but I haven't been there yet.

Really surprised you don't do your own. Perhaps 1/2 hour of time lost.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
20 minutes, though I agree I can do it pretty quickly myself.. yet driving somewhere to get the oil and filter, buying them, driving home with them, then disposing of the used oil and filter would alone take a couple hours.. have to admit you're partially right.. if like WalMart I had all the supplies on hand, a lift, pneumatic tools and a commercial balancer and a disposal service that disposed of the used oil for me I think the job MAY have taken an entire 30 minutes.

Yep, ain't worth it doing it yourself.
I take our vehicles to Midas on GM Rd.

FollowTheMoney

Why would anyone who turns wenches on their own car let that car out of their sight to allow a stranger to work on it? It's not just an oil change. It's an opportunity for an owner, while under the vehicle, to do a cursory visual check of everything under the front end. ie. tie rods, ball joints, any possible leakage from other areas of the engine and transmission. Also, examination of the old oil for differences from past oil changes... burnt odor, metal shavings, etc. I stop by and get filters and oil on my way home from wherever, you know, like combining trips. Plus you know the job is done right. You can only go by their word of what product they used anyway. And did you know that the oil filter is the weak link in causing engine damage? I always used the "Ultra" version of filters. Yes they are more expensive, but so is replacing an engine. Spend $2 on an oil filter, and get an oil filter in name only. And.... if you are paying $20 for an oil change you are getting crap for oil and a crap filter. There is a profit margin in those oil changes people. Do it yourself and know it is getting done right.

PeoplesElbow

And did you know that the oil filter is the weak link in causing engine damage? I always used the "Ultra" version of filters. Yes they are more expensive, but so is replacing an engine. Spend $2 on an oil filter, and get an oil filter in name only.

Lol ultra filters.