Prescriptions?

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Who do you get your prescriptions from?

I switched to Target a few years back because the cost was cheaper, but I honestly am fed up with Target and the incompetent pharmacy people working there. I have received the wrong prescriptions. I have not received prescriptions (oops don't have it in stock - you'll need to wait a month). I had to stop the auto-refill because they couldn't even get that right. :banghead:

So I reached my "way past fed-up" level last night with Target Pharmacy, and as I told my DH, why do I want to be going to an incompetent pharmacy? They are liable to kill me with one of their screw-ups.

So I plan to switch my prescriptions to somebody else. My husband suggested Wal-Mart (again cheaper cost) but I don't want to from the frying pan into the fire so to speak.

So who do you use for prescriptions. Are they cost-effective? Timely? Quality service? Etc.

SG_Player1974

I use Target pharmacy. Never had a problem. They are not the quickest but.... sorry to hear about your problems.

A wise man once said "You have three to choose from..."

- FAST
- CHEAP
- GOOD

You can only pick 2!

Hannibal

I use to do everything through CVS and they were absolutely horrible. I've sat in drive through windows trapped by the car in front and behind me and had to wait for over an hour. I've was routinely told "it will be ready in an hour", come back in two and it's still not done. I've done the insurance dance with them many times after being charged my deductable several visits in a row and having to walk inside to straighten it out, etc. They were horrible and I couldn't tell who was more fed up - me or them honestly.

Switched to Target about two years back and haven't looked back. They've been very punctual. They've been very good in terms of following up with a doc who was tardy in getting the Rx over, etc. They are always friendly and will be honest with you if they are running a few minutes late which simply means "run around Target for a few moments and buy something while we fill your order." That sometimes sucks but I like me some Target so it's not the worst thing ever.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Target's kind of hit and miss. If you're being prescribed a controlled substance, you're going to run into the "we're out" at any pharmacy, at some point. As this was explained to me, the pharmacy agrees to XX amount of any given controlled med per month. They all try to keep it as minimal as possible, so as not to raise concerns with the powers that be, whoever that is. Once they have run out of the allotted meds, they're out until the next shipment. They can't look at the bottle and say "we're getting low on this, better order some more".

Check your pm's.

calvcopf

Never had any problems with Walgreens. I have found that there is usually less mix ups with a pharmacy such as Rite Aid, CVS, etc.

awpitt

Main Streeter
I've used the CVS on 235 across from Wawa forever. Can't think of anytime when I had a problem. I keep going there out of habit I guess. Plus it's close to home and work so it's convenient.

FED_UP

Saint John's.

Never had a problem with CVS and I don't do the drive through thing. I never hold the expectation that my meds will be ready in 1 hour, just like dropping of my car, I come back at my convenience instead of stressing.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
No, it's at the intersection of Rousby Hall Rd and Rt 4, nera where Mexico Restauarant used to be.

Hmm...never noticed. Well, there is also the pharmacy in the hospital, and I think it may be a Walgreens, too.

calvcopf

We have a Walgreens?
Yes, I use the one in Calvert Memorial Hospital, first floor. They have a separate entrance too, so you don't have to go in the hospital. They are always fast and very nice!

Last edited:

Roman

But the parking there is a b!tch if you have to go during regular business hours.
Yes, I use the one in Calvert Memorial Hospital, first floor. The have a separate entrance too, so you don't have to go in the hospital. They are always fast and very nice!

Never had a problem with CVS and I don't do the drive through thing. I never hold the expectation that my meds will be ready in 1 hour, just like dropping of my car, I come back at my convenience instead of stressing.

Same. I usually wait a day before picking them up as they are known to be slow filling. Other than slow, never had an issue.

Goldenhawk

We do as much mail-order as possible for all the routine stuff. My wife does TONS of prescriptions for her disabled brother and her elderly mother. She maintains a full backpack of pill bottles for each one of them, and about 20 pills per person per day are required, so it's no small job. So the automatically sent stuff is a lifesaver.

For all the urgent or unexpected prescriptions, CVS on Great Mills Rd has always treated us well; we are routinely recognized and greeted by the staff. Phoned-in from the Dr and phoned-in refills are nearly always ready on time.