Ferguson Grand Jury...

Hessian

MSM reports that the Grand Jury reviewing the Michael Brown shooting will have a decision by next month.
AND...if the rabid protesters don't get their indictment...fresh riots are promised.

OK....scenario: Riots erupt on the weekend before the National election.
Media will actually love this...it means fresh coverage of mayhem while an election is underway.
Sort of a Chicago Democratic convention of '68 all over again.

Any impact on actual turn out? Angry voters going which way???

mamatutu

mama to two
MSM reports that the Grand Jury reviewing the Michael Brown shooting will have a decision by next month.
AND...if the rabid protesters don't get their indictment...fresh riots are promised.

OK....scenario: Riots erupt on the weekend before the National election.
Media will actually love this...it means fresh coverage of mayhem while an election is underway.
Sort of a Chicago Democratic convention of '68 all over again.

Any impact on actual turn out? Angry voters going which way???

There was already a leak that a grand juror spoke out which would negate that jury and will have to start over. No politics there. Yes, this is all a political grab by Obama. Michael would have been his son, too. What a crock. There have been protests all along that have not been posted on this forum. A good one was the flash mob that took over the St. Louis Orchestra performance on radio. And, many, many more disturbances that haven' been in the news. What about the robberies that the perps say are I the name of Michael Brown. This is so disturbing. It is like criminal activity is okayed by the powers that be because it was the killing of a black man. What ever happened to the killing of a white man? I don't thing American citizens as a whole understand what is happening. I know the interviews. People that don't know who Biden is are on the dole. People who don't know who ISIS is don't understand that our prez dictates our future. Etc., etc., etc. I never fully realized until this admin that I was living in a world of dumb asses, and that put my life in peril. I, actually, don't care about me. I worry about my children and grand children.

tommyjo

There was already a leak that a grand juror spoke out which would negate that jury and will have to start over. No politics there. Yes, this is all a political grab by Obama. Michael would have been his son, too. What a crock. There have been protests all along that have not been posted on this forum. A good one was the flash mob that took over the St. Louis Orchestra performance on radio. And, many, many more disturbances that haven' been in the news. What about the robberies that the perps say are I the name of Michael Brown. This is so disturbing. It is like criminal activity is okayed by the powers that be because it was the killing of a black man. What ever happened to the killing of a white man? I don't thing American citizens as a whole understand what is happening. I know the interviews. People that don't know who Biden is are on the dole. People who don't know who ISIS is don't understand that our prez dictates our future. Etc., etc., etc. I never fully realized until this admin that I was living in a world of dumb asses, and that put my life in peril. I, actually, don't care about me. I worry about my children and grand children.

YOU are calling others dumbasses? Wow. You must know some REALLY stupid people.

mamatutu

mama to two
YOU are calling others dumbasses? Wow. You must know some REALLY stupid people.

Zip it, TJ. I am impressed by your post that you didn't call me a derogatory name. You seem rather passive. I think even you see the writing on the wall, and are losing momentum. You are right about one thing. I don't know any dumbasses, as in the ones that voted for Obama. Carry on, poor sheep that lost your way. :poorbaby:

itsrequired

There was already a leak that a grand juror spoke out which would negate that jury and will have to start over.
Wouldn't they have done that already?

No politics there. Yes, this is all a political grab by Obama. Michael would have been his son, too. What a crock.
So...you have a States Attorney who refused to step down after the govenor called for him to step down. That states attorney conveined a grand jury. The process is moving forward. How does Obama come into play with a local grand jury?

There have been protests all along that have not been posted on this forum. A good one was the flash mob that took over the St. Louis Orchestra performance on radio. And, many, many more disturbances that haven' been in the news.
So if they haven't been in the news, how do you know about them? Were you at the Orchestra?
What about the robberies that the perps say are I the name of Michael Brown.

What perps? Do you know what a perp is?
This is so disturbing. It is like criminal activity is okayed by the powers that be because it was the killing of a black man.

Which powers that be?
What ever happened to the killing of a white man? I don't thing American citizens as a whole understand what is happening.

I don't think American citizens can understand this post!
I know the interviews. People that don't know who Biden is are on the dole.

Who's dole?

People who don't know who ISIS is don't understand that our prez dictates our future. Etc., etc., etc. I never fully realized until this admin that I was living in a world of dumb asses, and that put my life in peril. I, actually, don't care about me. I worry about my children and grand children.

I had to dissect this because it was utterly confusing. Do you drink heavily at night or are you on various meds?

Rommey

There was already a leak that a grand juror spoke out which would negate that jury and will have to start over.
Wouldn't they have done that already?
Reported on October 1: “If a grand juror has leaked details of the proceedings, the case could continue with the current jury,” said Peter A. Joy, a professor at Washington University law school in St. Louis.

“If something like that is proven, then the most likely result would be that that grand juror would be removed from the grand jury,” he said. “You don’t need unanimity for them to make a decision for them to indict or not indict. If somebody was removed, the other 11 would continue deliberating, and then they would reach a decision.”

So...you have a States Attorney who refused to step down after the govenor called for him to step down. That states attorney conveined a grand jury. The process is moving forward. How does Obama come into play with a local grand jury?
Not sure it has anything to do with the Grand Jury, but the DoJ is investigating the Police Department. What makes this particular police shooting worthy of a DoJ investigation vs. any other police shooting?

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Not sure it has anything to do with the Grand Jury, but the DoJ is investigating the Police Department. What makes this particular police shooting worthy of a DoJ investigation vs. any other police shooting?

If Obamy had a son...

itsrequired

Reported on October 1: “If a grand juror has leaked details of the proceedings, the case could continue with the current jury,” said Peter A. Joy, a professor at Washington University law school in St. Louis.

“If something like that is proven, then the most likely result would be that that grand juror would be removed from the grand jury,” he said. “You don’t need unanimity for them to make a decision for them to indict or not indict. If somebody was removed, the other 11 would continue deliberating, and then they would reach a decision.”

Witnesses who said the person who was shot had his hands up and was surrendering when he was shot.

Hijinx

The DOJ has no business in this. It is another Holder move to placate the African-Americans who do not listen to facts before going off and rioting.

The races are divided more under Obama than ever before since the Civil War. Some of the more ignorant actually believe the Secret service is laying down on the job and endangering Obama. This of course would mean that the hand picked leadership of the Secret Service who Obama picked was not doing her job. She recently quit.

This whole mess in Ferguson has become a circus.Just as the Zimmerman case became a circus.
Witnesses saying the person had his hands up when shot is no reason to bring in the DOJ.
The DOJ is there because Holder and Obama want to make themselves appear to the black community like they are doing something for them.
That is the simple fact of the matter. Anything else is BS.

How many jobs has Obama gotten for black men out of work?

itsrequired

Witnesses saying the person had his hands up when shot is no reason to bring in the DOJ.

First, I don't believe the witnesses and I think there's going to be enough evidence to counter their claims. That being said, witnesses saying a person was surrendering to the police and the police then shooting him is exactly the reason to bring in the DOJ. That would be a federal crime.

Hijinx

First, I don't believe the witnesses and I think there's going to be enough evidence to counter their claims. That being said, witnesses saying a person was surrendering to the police and the police then shooting him is exactly the reason to bring in the DOJ. That would be a federal crime.

That's cool. Now tell me why the Attorney General of the United States makes the trip to Ferguson.
I am pretty sure he doesn't handle every one these investigations himself.

itsrequired

That's cool. Now tell me why the Attorney General of the United States makes the trip to Ferguson.
I am pretty sure he doesn't handle every one these investigations himself.

Because of the unrest. He did it in an effort to placate the citizenry and calm the mood. I am pretty certain he doesn't handle any of these investigations himself!

Hijinx

Because of the unrest. He did it in an effort to placate the citizenry and calm the mood. I am pretty certain he doesn't handle any of these investigations himself!

Except for your contention that a federal crime was committed, --I believe that is what I said.
Of course they are there to placate the African-American community.

itsrequired

Except for your contention that a federal crime was committed, --I believe that is what I said.
Of course they are there to placate the African-American community.

I didn't contend that a federal crime was committed. I said witnesses provided statements, which if true, would amount to a federal crime. I stated I didn't believe the witnesses. You said the DOJ has no business being in this. I disagree. Let them investigate.

officeguy

Witnesses who said the person who was shot had his hands up and was surrendering when he was shot.

The accomplice said that.

I hope the grand jury hears from all witnesses, including the ones who are afraid for their life because what they saw doesn't go along with the narrative 'the community' wants to believe.

officeguy

Btw. I have no problem with state LE or the feds looking over the county PDs shoulder in a loaded case like this. But that doesn't require the AG to show up for a photo-op.

itsrequired

The accomplice said that.

I hope the grand jury hears from all witnesses, including the ones who are afraid for their life because what they saw doesn't go along with the narrative 'the community' wants to believe.

Again, while I believe the witnesses will be discredited, the accomplice to the robbery was not the only witness who said that.

Rommey

What Federal crime would that be? It might be a Federal civil issue, but I'm not sure it would be a Federal criminal issue. And I think the only reason that the DoJ got involved is because the whole thing was national news. I find it hard to believe that they would involve themselves into every similar situation.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Again, while I believe the witnesses will be discredited, the accomplice to the robbery was not the only witness who said that.

But he was the first. Of course, that's before he recanted the story that he and Big Mike hadn't really robbed the convenience store. The first public witness (who said there was a video captured) said Big Mike was inside the cop's car beating on him before the gun went off. Or is everyone forgetting the sequence of this story like they did Trayvon's beat down on George Zimmerman?

Hessian

I really hope they towed that police car to a forensic lab,...prints & dna to confirm "Big Mike's" assault.
Next problem: conflicting results from the autopsy.

If that grand jury is doing a though investigation....they probably have enough evidence by now. How long have they been impaneled? My chief concern is WHEN they announce the results... & will it impact our fragile electoral system.

If they DO say there is enough for a trial...oh boy that criminal jury has a LOT of pressure on them. It would be the easy route to go for "Hung" status. I suppose the other element in this case is the charge? Murder 2nd? or Manslaughter 1? naturally if you go for the higher charge,....there is a better chance the jury will struggle more with their decision.