Lignetics Alert

I ordered 4 tons of Lignetics WEEKS ago, still waiting on delivery. Got a call today from Lusby Hardware. They can't get them. Apparently there is an issue with Lignetics not having enough trucks to distribute, and the price they quoted a few weeks ago is no longer valid, it's significantly higher now.

But Lusby is working with me. The offered to reimburse me, or try their Independence brand at the price originally quoted to me for the Lignetics. They claim people who had both Lignetics and Hamer switched to this brand last year. They gave me a bag to try. I'll burn it this weekend.

Upshot is prices jumped for pellets of all brands. If you haven't bought them already, be prepared to pay more.

MR47930

Got 4 tons of lignetics stacked in the garage. First year burning pellets. Interested to see this stoves potential.

OldHillcrestGuy

I know another place that's having trouble with Lignetic deliveries. Truckload was suppose to come and never showed up. They promised her it would be there the following week. I don't know if showed or not.

I prefer Hamers more then any other brands being sold in the area. I got my 4 tons stacked in the garage this past week. Got 3 tons of Hamers and 1 ton of American Wood Fibers, the AMF brand seems to be a brand a lot of the places have this year. Never heard of them, got them from Tractor Supply, I will burn that ton first to see how good they are.

Last edited:
I know another place that's having trouble with Lignetic deliveries. Truckload was suppose to come and never showed up.

I got the impression it's all deliveries from Lignetics, all stores.

Have to clean the stove now, then load it up with the Independence.

Well, that was a chore... :lol: Did a really thorough cleaning the stove which means pulling it out of the fireplace and removing access hatches and the exhaust motor. The exhaust motor gasket fell apart. Great. :lightbulb: Go back and look for the envelope with the manual, find a brand new gasket! Good deal. Ok, finish cleaning the stove, shake the 3" corrugated exhaust pipe to free the loose ash...... and it dislodges from the top of the chimney and falls into the chimney. Cripes. SO, up on the roof. Remove the chimney cap, can't see or feel the pipe. Down the ladder, back up the ladder with a step stool. Find the pipe, haul it up and wire it in place. Put the cap back on and that's done.

Filled the hopper with the new Independence pellets, just firing it up now. Read the contents, it's made from Southern Yellow Pine, supposed to have a higher BTU per pound, less ash. We'll see.....

TPD

the poor dad
We booked a couple trailer loads of Lignetics in the spring. My manager called last week to get a pick up day from Lignetics for my trucking company to pick up our last trailer load. Was told it would be 2 weeks or more before they were back in stock. For any retailer who had not pre-ordered, we were told the earliest any pellets would be available would be December. And this is why I like my oil heat....

Well, that was a chore... :lol: Did a really thorough cleaning the stove which means pulling it out of the fireplace and removing access hatches and the exhaust motor. The exhaust motor gasket fell apart. Great. :lightbulb: Go back and look for the envelope with the manual, find a brand new gasket! Good deal. Ok, finish cleaning the stove, shake the 3" corrugated exhaust pipe to free the loose ash...... and it dislodges from the top of the chimney and falls into the chimney. Cripes. SO, up on the roof. Remove the chimney cap, can't see or feel the pipe. Down the ladder, back up the ladder with a step stool. Find the pipe, haul it up and wire it in place. Put the cap back on and that's done.

Filled the hopper with the new Independence pellets, just firing it up now. Read the contents, it's made from Southern Yellow Pine, supposed to have a higher BTU per pound, less ash. We'll see.....

So how did you like the new brand?

They just finished delivery. Couple of things:

The Independence bags split and tear easy. Handle with care.

Sneads does NOT deliver on a tailgate truck OR have a pallet jack. We just unloaded 4 tons of pellets, one bag at a time, off the flatbed and into the garage. Didn't take long as there were two employees and me, but we COULD have been done in a fraction of the time and effort.

So instead of moving a whole pallet into place, we had to move each bag. Now I get to move a ton AGAIN to restack it where it needs to be.

SO, if you order from Sneads, free shipping on anything over 2 tons, but be prepared to manually unload and re-stack the whole shipment.

Vince

They just finished delivery. Couple of things:

The Independence bags split and tear easy. Handle with care.

Sneads does NOT deliver on a tailgate truck OR have a pallet jack. We just unloaded 4 tons of pellets, one bag at a time, off the flatbed and into the garage. Didn't take long as there were two employees and me, but we COULD have been done in a fraction of the time and effort.

So instead of moving a whole pallet into place, we had to move each bag. Now I get to move a ton AGAIN to restack it where it needs to be.

SO, if you order from Sneads, free shipping on anything over 2 tons, but be prepared to manually unload and re-stack the whole shipment.
Yep. Been there and done this, but the son makes it easier.

TPD

the poor dad
We got 24 tons of Lignetics wood pellets delivered today - $250/ton picked up at our location. I believe half the load is already sold - crazy!