Gas plant building a loading Dock/pier under the bridge.

Theodore

I was wondering what the construction was under the TJ bridge in the field where concert goers park. I asked one of the workers there and he said that they are building a pier/dock for barges to unload for the construction of the new Gas plant facility. that should be pretty!!!

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
yup, glascock family getting richer by the day ;-) So i'll assume there will be some big azz tractor trailors needing to move up and down 2 to cove point rd.

glhs837

Power with Control
Yep, short term ugly, leading to the county having the wherewithal to do quite a few beautiful things, I'm sure. Seems a good deal to me.

dave1959

I was wondering what the construction was under the TJ bridge in the field where concert goers park. I asked one of the workers there and he said that they are building a pier/dock for barges to unload for the construction of the new Gas plant facility. that should be pretty!!!

Been living under a bridge...???? This has been in the news for over a year...

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
It's better than hundreds, if not thousands, of tractor trailers driving down rt.4, no?

???????????? so i assume this dock is for some BIG stuff that would cause issues for THEM "Hon's" up there if the stuff was brought into the port of baltimore. Maybe 10 would be too many, hey i know why don't they only move stuff from say 2100 - 0500... We shall see.

Theodore

The construction equipment still needs to make it to the plant from the pier right? but ur right, up rt. 4 instead of down, my bad!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The construction equipment still needs to make it to the plant from the pier right? but ur right, up rt. 4 instead of down, my bad!

You really should go catch up on two years worth of missed reading on the LNG export plant conversion project...and then get back to us. :yay:

A summary here...including the details of how and when equipment will move from the temporary pier to the facility site.

https://www.dom.com/business/gas-transmission/cove-point/pdf/liquefaction-project-presentation.pdf

Last edited:

Chris0nllyn

True, but it's about 7 miles from the pier to the plant.

I don't know where the equipment is coming from, but from Cove Point, north to the Calvert line is about 32.5 miles.

Logistically, it doesn't make sense to truck it all down when they can ship it in and truck it 7 miles.

Chris0nllyn

You really should go catch up on two years worth of missed reading on the LNG export plant conversion project...and then get back to us. :yay:

A summary here...including the details of how and when equipment will move from the temporary pier to the facility site.

https://www.dom.com/business/gas-transmission/cove-point/pdf/liquefaction-project-presentation.pdf

There you have it.

"50 barge deliveries" and about "75 heavy haul truck deliveries during construction period".

Simply not feasible to truck that much down Rt.4 (and then the ensuing complaints about road damage)

Blister

Is the bay too shallow for barges to unload at temporary piers at Cove Point directly? I am sure that was looked at, but I am just curious if someone is familiar with the details. I am too lazy to check the charts.
:yawn:

BOP

yup, glascock family getting richer by the day ;-) So i'll assume there will be some big azz tractor trailors needing to move up and down 2 to cove point rd.

What are the chances we can get them to build another bridge?

intertidal

Yep, short term ugly, leading to the county having the wherewithal to do quite a few beautiful things, I'm sure. Seems a good deal to me.

Really? Dominion's taxes (400M) have been forgiven for 10 years. In exchange, they will pay a one-time payment in lieu of taxes (PILOT) of 40M in 2017 or 2018. The net economic impact is highly negative.

glhs837

Power with Control
Really? Dominion's taxes (400M) have been forgiven for 10 years. In exchange, they will pay a one-time payment in lieu of taxes (PILOT) of 40M in 2017 or 2018. The net economic impact is highly negative.

How so? Are they charging the govt to build? The workers, they wont spend money in Calvert? Wheres the negative financial?

glhs837

Power with Control
"Budget Director Tim Hayden said, “The County will receive more than $804 million. This is about $55 million a year. At the end of the 15-year period, the agreement expires and the County estimates that we will receive about $80 million a year."

Ah, I see. According to this.....

http://www.co.cal.md.us/DocumentCenter/View/2647

Corporate and PILOT taxes will more double. Yep, thats a hardship. :sarcasm:Wish someone would hit St Marys with a budget cut like that......... not counting, of course, the economic impact a plant that size has on the county, employee spending, local purchases by the corporation, etc.