Md gov't needs to see this

dan0623_2000

Major news media will not report when a gun is used to prevent injury to the law abiding citizen. It happens a lot more than many people are aware of.

Justme2

Oopses

What I say!!! When they decide to come over uninvited

Attachments

• gunwronghousedownload.jpg
    gunwronghousedownload.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 145
  • 3e10_Beautiful-high-resolution-desktop-wallpaper-15.jpg
    3e10_Beautiful-high-resolution-desktop-wallpaper-15.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 123
For all the good it'll do.....

"The Armed Citizen II: Public Defense"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9eCrs_MXxo

Won't ever happen here. I know that.

I'm sure MD Gov't and victim families are well aware of this...

Maryland is home to a staggering amount of gun violence.
• From 2002 to 2011, 6,263 people were killed with guns in Maryland. That is more than
the number of all U.S. combat deaths in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan combined.1
• Somebody is killed with a gun in Maryland every 16 hours: In 2011 alone, there were
542 gun deaths in the state.2
Domestic violence fatalities are prevalent in Maryland, and they are frequently a result
of gun crime.
• According to the FBI, there were 256 domestic violence homicides in Maryland from
2003 to 2012, which include both male and female victims.
• Of those homicides, almost half of the victims—42.2 percent—were killed with guns.

BernieP

Resident PIA

• From 2002 to 2011, 6,263 people were killed with guns in Maryland. That is more than
the number of all U.S. combat deaths in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan combined.1
• Somebody is killed with a gun in Maryland every 16 hours: In 2011 alone, there were
Domestic violence fatalities are prevalent in Maryland, and they are frequently a result
of gun crime.
• According to the FBI, there were 256 domestic violence homicides in Maryland from
• Of those homicides, almost half of the victims—42.2 percent—were killed with guns.

and your point is.....

how do you respond when people point out the states and locales were carrying a gun is not only permitted by encouraged and those areas show a drop in violent crime?

and your point is.....

how do you respond when people point out the states and locales were carrying a gun is not only permitted by encouraged and those areas show a drop in violent crime?

Cite the scientific studies and sources for your assertion. Please don't bother with studies sponsored by the gun lobby.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Cite the scientific studies and sources for your assertion. Please don't bother with studies sponsored by the gun lobby.

I don't see where YOU cited scientific studies or sources for YOUR assertions. It appears you pulled them out of your poop chute. :coffee:

bulldog

You won't do it, but I encourage you to read the book; More Guns, Less Crime by Dr. John Lott. It is an in depth, peer reviewed book that details the facts about its title.

By the way...what is the source for the information that you posted?

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Discrediting CleanTheSlateinSMC "expert"

Oh, dear. If anyone is discredited in the More Guns, Les Crime debate, it would be CleanTheSlateInSMC's "expert"

Last edited:

DannyMotorcycle

• From 2002 to 2011, 6,263 people were killed with guns in Maryland. How many of those are police shootings? suicides who would find another way? Murders that would still be commited by baltimore fire bomb molitov coctails, baseball bats, knives, bricks? going to ban those too?That is more than
the number of all U.S. combat deaths in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan combined. You should go enlist then since it's safer
Yet there were only 2 hundred something (274 i think) MURDERS with guns in 2011. How many of those 542 deaths were self defense? don't you think that's kind of important? How many are justified police shootings? who cares the method, once can find other easy ways of death, pills, exhaust fumes, antifreeze, a razor, a rope, the list goes on.
of gun crime. Frequently eh.. you say frequently, I say minority of the time based on your non cited number which may be false.
So the majority of the time domestic homicides happened even though no gun was used. Perhaps guns could have even been present, but the killers may have accidentally killed the person from a punch or a push. Perhaps strangulation was fine enough and they didn't want too much noise.
Soooo there's not much of an argument that guns would prevent anything much less are the cause of anything. I know more people than i can count who own guns and mulitple guns and they've never committed any gun related crime. If guns cause crime then matches cause arson.

Now tell us how many citizens are in md.. how many guns are in md.. how many crimes are stopped by citizens protecting themselves with a gun.

statistics dont' lie but liars use statistics... cherry pic a few facts, leave out a lot of details and viola the sky is falling. FOH.

Last edited:

DEEKAYPEE8569

Have my concealed carry and not afraid to use it if the situation calls for it!

Not trying to pick a fight baxter, but you are either a business owner, lawyer or one of those 'high profile' types; or you don't live in MD. Not asking, just sayin'.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Unfortunately, Anthony Brown is making a lot of noise about supporting even more 2A restrictions than we already have. This state is doomed on that front.

SamSpade

Somebody is killed with a gun in Maryland every 16 hours: In 2011 alone, there were

But according to the FBI site, in 2011, there were *272* firearm murders. "Gun death" does not automatically imply homicide.
Statistically, suicide accounts for around 60% of all gun deaths at the national level.

The gun death rate in Maryland is still near the national average.