Any donut connoisseurs?

TGB

While I like krispy Kreme and I have tried all the other donuts around town . If you don't mind driving try franctured prune give every one a run for their money. The closet one at the moment is arbutus, md there is one opening up in crofton in winter 2014. http://fracturedprune.com/about-us/

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
While I like krispy Kreme and I have tried all the other donuts around town . If you don't mind driving try franctured prune give every one a run for their money. The closet one at the moment is arbutus, md there is one opening up in crofton in winter 2014. http://fracturedprune.com/about-us/

I must be the only person alive who did not like the donuts I had at Fractured Prune. I had never tried them until a few weeks ago in Rehoboth Beach. Every single one of the ones I tried were soggy! They crumbled when I too a bite. They were freshly made and warm & not nasty tasting, but I was jut not impressed by them. :ohwell:

lucky_bee

RBF expert
GBD

WORTH. EVERY. PENNY.

Seriously, who thought an amazing meal of fried chicken with great craft beers and whiskeys could be made even better by topping it all off with a fresh, gourmet (or traditional) donut? This place pefects the sweet and savory combo. LibertyTyranny and I have hit this place up twice now. I think the first one we tried was a daily special, some kind of bourbon-glazed with bacon? they had me at bourbon and bacon. Sold. Second time we went at the end of the night and they were pretty much sold out except for Key Lime pie and a PB&J. Leery at first, but still ah.maze.ing. It's just south of DuPont Circle but it's a cool little hipster bar and restaurant, stellar service and awesome drinks and beer too.

TGB

I must be the only person alive who did not like the donuts I had at Fractured Prune. I had never tried them until a few weeks ago in Rehoboth Beach. Every single one of the ones I tried were soggy! They crumbled when I too a bite. They were freshly made and warm & not nasty tasting, but I was jut not impressed by them. :ohwell:

I am so sorry to hear about your experience. I have had then once a year for 4 years and never had a bad experience.