Roy Dyson campaign

Pete

Repete
Has anyone gotten the large color bifold Roy Dyson flyer in the mail? You know the one with the Negative cartoon about Owe'Malley on the front? The one that has a list of "Voted against" initiatives like Rain tax, Obamacare and so on? The one that does not have the word "Democrat" or "Democratic" anywhere, even the fine print?

Not knowing that much about the Senator I find it humrous that he has to go to such lengths to distance himself from his party. If he is anti Owe'Malley, anti tax, anti illegal immigrant why doesn't he switch parties? I think it is honorable that he voted against all of those tax and revenue initiatives but I believe it is less about ideals and more about agreements from the party leaders allowing him to vote against them because they have enough votes to pass it without him and they understand he is in a district with a large conservative base.

Tell me why I am wrong.

Amused_despair

No one with the title "incumbent" next to their name will get my vote this election. Maybe if just a few of these yahoos get thrown out the others might start paying at least a modicum of attention to what their constituents want.

Pete

Repete
No one with the title "incumbent" next to their name will get my vote this election. Maybe if just a few of these yahoos get thrown out the others might start paying at least a modicum of attention to what their constituents want.

Does he vote what his constituents want? Seems so but then he is a democrat and votes with the party against everything else his constituents want. If you support O'Malley's appointments and administration then turn around and vote against much of what they put forth isn't it a waste? Would he not be better served being a republican and voting against the O'Malley administration all of the time?

So_what

Yes I'm an MPD, But who's
If you really want a change, get all of you friends and relatives to make sure they go out and vote!

Amused_despair

It would be alot easier if everyone would just agree to vote on whom I tell them to vote and then we could easily change this country. :)

Hijinx

I believe Dyson is a St. Mary's County man who votes as a St. Mary's Countyman and not an Annapolis Stooge.

dan0623_2000

I agree with Hijinx. Roy has been in office a long time and he looks out for the people who voted him in office. It is a shane there are not more politicians like him.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I believe Dyson is a St. Mary's County man who votes as a St. Mary's Countyman and not an Annapolis Stooge.
But has one of the co sponsors for SB 281 and the ACA in MD helping him campaign in St. Mary's.

Homeland

I'm not fooled by Dyson. He only voted that way because of the close election he had last time. He's a long time democrat who before the last election was voting yes to all those democratic issues. I don't believe, nor trust him!

baxter

the biggest issue to me is the States Attorney and the judges. The revolving door of crime here is out of control! I just had the St Mary`s county sheriffs here at my home the other night, and I commended them for the job they do. I asked them how do they continue to arrest these criminals and yet there out the door before you know it. If you read the Sherriff reports here on SOMD they are lengthy, and since just about everyone is out on bail, the state Police blotter (read it) indicates the State Police spend there time serving warrants for all the "failure to appears" that were put out on bail. I believe the laws in this country pretty much state what the penalty is for the crime committed, however, the judges and states attorney (Fritz) just let everyone out on bail hoping they will come to court. It BS! There is no bite in the law anymore!

Hijinx

It's not easy being a criminal in St. Mary's County. The bail system makes it hard on them. They have to keep stealing more and more to pay their bails.

the biggest issue to me is the States Attorney and the judges. The revolving door of crime here is out of control! I just had the St Mary`s county sheriffs here at my home the other night, and I commended them for the job they do. I asked them how do they continue to arrest these criminals and yet there out the door before you know it. If you read the Sherriff reports here on SOMD they are lengthy, and since just about everyone is out on bail, the state Police blotter (read it) indicates the State Police spend there time serving warrants for all the "failure to appears" that were put out on bail. I believe the laws in this country pretty much state what the penalty is for the crime committed, however, the judges and states attorney (Fritz) just let everyone out on bail hoping they will come to court. It BS! There is no bite in the law anymore!
I believe it's actually the court commissioners that are releasing the criminals...

A description of the role of staff and other agencies
Commissioners
When a person is arrested, a District Court commissioner, a judicial officer, will review the charging documents and set pre-trial release.

Clerks
Clerks provide support for the courts both within and without the courtroom.

Judges
In District Court a judge hears or presides over cases.

Other Agencies
Public Defender
A public defender may provide criminal defense in certain District Court trials.
• Maryland Office of the Public Defender's website

State's Attorneys
The State's Attorney presents the state's case in traffic and criminal trials in District Court.
• Maryland State's Attorneys' website

Commissioners
For many people, commissioners are the first point of contact with the District Court of Maryland. Commissioners are judicial officers, appointed by the Chief Judge of the District Court of Maryland. There are more than 240 District Court commissioners around the state, available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Commissioner Directory

Commissioners have two primary responsibilities:
• Reviewing Applications for Statement of Charges to determine whether probable cause exists to issue charging documents; and
• Conducting initial appearance hearings on arrested individuals to decide the conditions of pre-trial release.

Reviewing Applications
If you believe that someone has committed a crime against you or a minor in your custody, you may visit a District Court commissioner and complete an “Application for Statement of Charges.” You will be required to provide a description of the person who committed the offense and a statement explaining what happened. The commissioner reviews the application to determine whether a crime has been committed and if there is reason to believe that the person you have accused committed the crime. If the commissioner determines that there is probable cause, a charging document is issued.

The commissioner will then determine whether to issue a summons for the person to appear in court or a warrant for the person’s arrest. If a summons is issued, the accused person will receive a copy of the charging document, which states what laws the person is charged with breaking and the penalties for each violation. A court date will be scheduled later.

If a warrant is issued, the document will be given to a law enforcement agency, which is responsible for finding and arresting the accused person. For individuals experiencing abuse, commissioners have the authority to issue an Interim Peace or Protective Order only when the courts are closed.

Determining Pre-Trial Release
Upon arrest, the commissioner conducts an Initial Appearance hearing. At this hearing, the defendant is advised of the nature of the charges against them, the penalties should they be convicted, and their right to counsel. Commissioners determine whether the defendant should be released before trial or be required to post bail to secure their release.

Clerks
Clerks support the work of the courts and are responsible for a wide variety of activities, including scheduling cases, maintaining case files, distributing forms, and responding to requests for information. If you have ever been involved with a case in the District Court, you’ve likely spent some time talking with a court clerk. For example, a court clerk can tell you when and where a particular trial is scheduled, provide the forms that you request, inform you of the fees required for various court actions, accept case filings and answer questions about the procedures of the court.

Clerks and legal advice
You may find that you have several options when filing your case. A clerk is not permitted to advise you on which option you should select. Maryland law prohibits anyone who is not licensed to practice law, including court clerks, from giving legal advice. This prohibition ensures that you are protected and that the judicial process is fair to both sides in a dispute. Should you need assistance in choosing how to proceed or in completing forms, you may wish to consider seeking the services of an attorney.

Judges
Judges must be members of the Maryland Bar; be at least 30 years old and reside in the county in which they sit. Most importantly, each must meet high standards of professionalism and personal integrity. Judges are selected by the Governor and confirmed by the state Senate.

In District Court a judge hears your case and renders a decision. In many instances, the judge is the only person who has the authority to grant certain requests or motions in a case.

To ensure that both sides are treated fairly, the parties to a dispute are generally not permitted to meet with the judge privately to discuss a case. Any correspondence with the judge must be in writing.

Office of the Maryland Public Defender
• Maryland Office of the Public Defender's website

Overview
The Office of the Public Defender handles criminal cases carrying a possible jail sentence or a fine greater than $500.00. Eligibility for Public Defender services is determined by comparing your financial condition to the Federal Poverty Guidelines. For income eligible defendants the Public Defender Office is open to take applications Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. except State Holidays.
You may apply at any OPD Office, not just the County where you have to go to court. You must apply at least ten (10) working days prior to your trial date.

Offices of the Maryland State's Attorneys
• Maryland State's Attorneys' website

Overview
The State's Attorney presents the state's case in traffic and criminal trials in District Court.

In the area of criminal law, the responsibility of prosecuting all criminal cases generally rests with the State’s Attorney for the jurisdiction in which the offense occurred. In Maryland, each political jurisdiction (the counties and Baltimore City) are served by an elected State’s Attorney, who serves a four-year term.
Purpose
The two major functions of the Office of the State’s Attorney are (1) to prosecute at trial all violations of Maryland law that have a criminal sanction, and (2) to investigate criminal activity within its jurisdiction.

http://www.courts.state.md.us/district/selfhelp/whodoeswhat.html

Amused_despair

It's not easy being a criminal in St. Mary's County. The bail system makes it hard on them. They have to keep stealing more and more to pay their bails.

Now this post is proof that the "LIKE" function is depserately needed on these forums. Two thumbs up.

baxter

Thanks for setting me straight. The point is they are all crooks in my book. The only time you hear from them is when they need something,,your vote. The legal system still has no bite,,,,Republicans blame the Democrats, the Democrats blame the republicans, its all a big bag of #### anymore. They are all Americans in a role to serve and protect, do what is right for the public. How does an individual with a three page rap sheet get arrested then placed out on bail. Obviously this person did not get the message the other numerous times they were arrested, so lets put them back out in the public where they can rob someone again before their court date,,,,and the cycle continues. An example needs to be set. Crime in VA has gone down from three simple facts. 1) Max penalty for the crime committed 2) Max fine for the crime committed 3) more concealed carry permits issued.
I own my own business here in the county. I was refueling at the Burch mart in Hollywood when a young black male walked up on me and asked for money. I told him, im 50 years old and busting my ass out here in the heat just to make a living and that he had a better chance of getting money if he waited on his couch at home for his Obama check to arrive. He then pulled a knife out and said "bet you give me some money now". I told him to relax no need for anyone to get hurt, as I pulled my 380 out of my back pocket and placed it upon his forehead, wait for the flash!
I will tell you right now, that little bastard could have won ANY 3000 meter race in ANY past Olympics. My point here is I will bet you he had a long history nuber one, and, once he ran off im sure he pulled this #### before on someone that was not a concealed carry approved individual. IMagine this little bastard doing this to your mom/dad/sister etc,,,,,lets put the bite back into the law before its to late!
Thank you!

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Hmmmm, Roy Dyson -this is NOT cool.

It's a sad thing to see a man throw away his integrity in desperation to keep his job. False personal attacks are why many good people don't run for office, and all they have left when they have nothing but failed policies.

Senator Dyson did it through the mail today because he did not have the guts to do it at the debate last night. Watch it Sunday night at 7pm.

1. In 2007 I set up a business - but never did any business - because i got a great job offer from Johns Hopkins University, Applied Physics Laboratory. Only a liberal would want you to pay income tax on zero income.

2. As the next attacks come in, remember that i have a government single scope background investigation (SSBI) every year. Ask yourself: if this was true would they give Steve a Top Secret clearance?

3. Does it bother you that Dyson can see your tax returns if he doesn't like you?

So I ask: can you trust him?

Steve Waugh

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/IMMEDIATE-PRESS-RELEASE.html?soid=1115427035118&aid=xFS_FUnL2Dg