Cap tailgate repair

OrneryPest

lower life form
I have a pickup truck with a 1997-vintage Cap City cap, and the hydraulic tailgate-open-holders are getting sorta weak and they allow the tailgate to keep falling down onto the person loading the truck. Is there any place anywhere near Solomons where these things can be serviced or replaced?

glhs837

Power with Control
Most of those hydraulic lift arms are stock parts you might be bale to find at any autozone or other parts place. They are not servicable, they just get replaced. Should be mounted with simple fasteners, you could take one off and take it into the parts place, see if they can match it. If that level of mechaincal interaction is beyond you, virtually any automotive shop could do this for very little. Of course, you will have to pay over $60 an hour labor ( but it should be less than 1/2 hour) and figure a 30% markup or so, so the lift arm you buy at Advance for $20 will cost you closer to $30.

OrneryPest

lower life form
Thank you! I'll check out Trak Auto (or whatever their new name is) and whoever else I find. They're pop-riveted in, it'll be no problem to punch out the rivets and put the new ones in.

OrneryPest

lower life form
Got 'em! Advance Auto in Lusby had them. They snap right onto the old mounts. Didn't even hafta undo the pop rivets.