Easiest Way to BWI?

Restless

I have to pick our daughter up at BWI tomorrow around noon. There are several different ways to go. Which way do you prefer - up around the beltway or going 301?

I haven't driven up there in years so I forget. The GPS sometimes picks the weirdest ways to go so I thought I would ask you fine folks!

Thanks!

glhs837

Power with Control
Really six of one, half dozen, especially at that time of day. The chaos of the route above can be more of a pain than the constriction of the Beltway/parkway combo. I usually go the latter route, since I can expect the speeds on the beltway to feel better, even if I dont get there any faster.

Blister

Without knowing the starting location how can anyone advise a route? Leaving from Cobb Island is very different than leaving from Prince Frederick.

RPMDAD

Without knowing the starting location how can anyone advise a route? Leaving from Cobb Island is very different than leaving from Prince Frederick.

That is why i was specific with directions from Calvert, have no idea where the OP is coming from.

Damn 90 minute drive for me coming from California, always took 4 t 301 though, hateful drive, but a nice airport.

Blister

Then I would follow glhs's route beltway/BW parkway, at that time of day. Morning commute should be cleared out, and the stoplights on 4, or 301/3 never go away.

DEEKAYPEE8569

I'm Surprised.....

.....that nobody said, 'Get a friend to take you.'
C'mon.....you knew I would if I stumbled across this tred. TA-DA!!

mamatutu

mama to two
.....that nobody said, 'Get a friend to take you.'
C'mon.....you knew I would if I stumbled across this tred. TA-DA!!

I love your ta-da! :lol: That is what my daughter does when she has to fly for biz. But, I don't think there is ever a good way around this area. If you leave early enough, you are probably good, but there is always a snag of some sort or an accident that trips you up, so to speak.

DEEKAYPEE8569

I love your ta-da! :lol: That is what my daughter does when she has to fly for biz. But, I don't think there is ever a good way around this area. If you leave early enough, you are probably good, but there is always a snag of some sort or an accident that trips you up, so to speak.

The few times I have flown anywhere, when I was growing up, we would leave at O'dark thirty....."just in case."
It usually meant getting up at 3:30.....4 a.m. and heading out to the airport.....that whole, 'it's better to be WAY early' thing.

Hannibal

I make this drive nearly daily. 301 to 97 hands down. That time of day, traffic should be easy. You will also deal with construction on beltway/I-95/295 during the day using the interstates. In actuality, both routes are relatively similar time wise. But I drive it nearly daily and I always use 301 as I am coming out of Waldorf.

frogman123

Even coming from Hollywood-- take 4, go up 2, and then you can either go through Annapolis to get onto 97, or take Birdsville Rd to 50 which puts you on 97 directly. Birdsville is a nice ride (small road) that circumvents Annapolis from the drive. That's the way I take every time I go to Baltimore (which is frequently).