Ants

NextJen

Raisin cane
Is anyone else having ants come inside now? We sometimes get them coming in during the Spring or early Summer, but I don't ever recall them coming into the house this late in the year before. I just set down a few Terro ant baits and they are eating that stuff up. Hopefully that does the trick.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
We have had ants in a few rooms of our house. I just spray the area with Raid and that seems to keep them at bay.

NextJen

Raisin cane
We have had ants in a few rooms of our house. I just spray the area with Raid and that seems to keep them at bay.

I also like to spray them with RAID because I want them dead RIGHT NOW! However, my boyfriend insists that I put down the ant traps and walk away. He reasons that it's better to poison them and let them carry the poison back to the colony to kill all of them than to just let them keep coming in and killing them a little at a time. The rational part of me knows and understands what he is saying, but the bug-phobic part of me says, DIE NOW ANTS....DIE!!!!!!

Roman

I also like to spray them with RAID because I want them dead RIGHT NOW! However, my boyfriend insists that I put down the ant traps and walk away. He reasons that it's better to poison them and let them carry the poison back to the colony to kill all of them than to just let them keep coming in and killing them a little at a time. The rational part of me knows and understands what he is saying, but the bug-phobic part of me says, DIE NOW ANTS....DIE!!!!!!

Do both.

:yeahthat: But you have to let the little buggers live long enough to scarf up the bait and take it back to the colony.

That ^

Usually takes a day or two. If you spray with a 'right now' killer, you just kill off the ants on that trail, but the nest stays intact. Giving them time to take the bait back to the nest works best. Be patient.

nutz

Attachments

• empire-of-the-ants-joan-collins-and-friend.jpg
    empire-of-the-ants-joan-collins-and-friend.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 227

Chris0nllyn

The baits Hank mentioned work well if they are already inside. They take time to work though.

I've been spraying Bifin I/T religiously every few months. Around the exterior of the house and any points of access. That stuff kills everything, and I don't get bugs inside.

DEEKAYPEE8569

Is anyone else having ants come inside now? We sometimes get them coming in during the Spring or early Summer, but I don't ever recall them coming into the house this late in the year before. I just set down a few Terro ant baits and they are eating that stuff up. Hopefully that does the trick.

Bayer Advanced Home Pest Control Indoor and Outdoor Insect Killer. Spray it all around the outside of the foundation, wetting it; and it's best to use it after it rains. Works for me.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I'm gonna give the bait a try. Got some ants in the RV. Not a lot but enough to be annoying.

PeoplesElbow

Terro baits are great, you can make it yourself with some sugar water and borax. Another option is just put some dried grits or corn meal down, the ants take it home, eat it, it expands in their stomachs and they die. A line of diatomaceous earth also will kill them by slicing their exoskeletons open so they desiccate.

PJay

Had some coming in RV and now suddenly they've stopped. Think I'll give the cornmeal a try next time I see some.